• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are The Top 5 Toughest Silver Age Registry Sets To Put Together?

26 posts in this topic

Technically Atom Age, but anyway;

Phantom Stranger Vol. 1

Issue - Highest grades (number of copies)

1 - 9.4 (1), 8.0 (1)

2 - 9.2 (1), 9.0 (1)

3 - 9.0 (1), 8.5 (1)

4 - 8.0 (1)

5 - 7.0 (1)

6 - 9.0 (1), 8.0 (1)

I love that title and the six book run. I've never tried to put it together CGC graded but I bought a beautiful run in the early 90s from Joe Vereneault. They remain ungraded.

There are probably more than a few HG runs of this title still ungraded. I know adamstrange has most of them - if not all - in HG, and there are more than a couple Pedigrees that could fit the bill as well

:gossip: This would be news to adamstrange

i knew you had a copy of 4, and just assumed that you had the rest of them. you have every other book i want, so it's not a huge leap or anything

I have a book here and there, but not a lot here or there. If that makes sense. :foryou:

I have a book here and there, but not a lot here or there. If that makes sense. :foryou:

If you'd send more here you'd have more there...if that makes sense (thumbs u

Some Gold Key titles would be very tough in high grade.

Space Family Robinson. #1 - Highest Graded 9.0 #2 Highest graded 9.2 and #3 there is one 9.4 but then the second highest grade is 8.0

The Magnus Robot Fighter run is very tough as well. The numbers in the census are better than Space Family Robison, but the fans are very loyal and the high grade copies seldom appear for sale.