• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDW gain the rights to Judge Dredd.

31 posts in this topic

Bleeding Cool

This suprised me a bit hm

There is going to be a Mark Waid Rocketeer story arc? Excellent!

Yep.

I wonder if they're going to reprint any of the old Judge Dredd stories in trades? hm

I'd like to see that happen, as the early material was fun to read. Dark, but fun.

I'm up to volume 18 of the dredd reprints. One volume for each year of strips. From the UK but they were also doing an american version of these.

I am NOT optimistic about this.

Grew up in the UK with Dredd and 2000AD. The DC series was a disaster. Would love to be proved wrong but am not holding my breath. Wonder who they will get to write.

My brother would agree with you.

I think if they hire a writer like Garth Ennis or Grant Morrison,it could change everything.

Grew up in the UK with Dredd and 2000AD. The DC series was a disaster. Would love to be proved wrong but am not holding my breath. Wonder who they will get to write.

I think if they hire a writer like Garth Ennis or Grant Morrison,it could change everything.

Not sure about Morrison, but I think Warren Ellis would do a good job. (shrug)

If they hired either of those two, I would read it, but I really doubt they will.

In some ways, Dredd would be ripe for a Morrison revamp a la Batman - with 30 years of history I'm sure he'd find loads of material to mine for a new angle. But the people that would appreciate that are the long-standing Dredd fans, and I really don't think there are many of those at all in the US market.

As far as I know, neither Ennis nor Morrison has written for IDW before, and they both seem to have quite a lot on at the moment. Maybe their angle is more of a tie in to the upcoming film? Bleurgh.

What timing, too. An artist that belongs to another forum I frequent was sharing some of his work with me the other night.

dredd.jpg

Guess this is supposed to be the last thing you see once Dredd has judged you.

What timing, too. An artist that belongs to another forum I frequent was sharing some of his work with me the other night.

dredd.jpg

Nice!! (thumbs u

dredd.jpg

This is what I'm talking about - why is Dredd smiling?! He never smiles. And he also doesn't carry two guns...

*Sigh* - I shouldn't get worked up about this...

dredd.jpg

This is what I'm talking about - why is Dredd smiling?! He never smiles. And he also doesn't carry two guns...

*Sigh* - I shouldn't get worked up about this...

Gotta critique the details. Good catches.