• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129

159 posts in this topic

You people amaze me. I bought this book. It was in Missouri, not in In. as someone so smart stated, not anywhere else. Look at the scans side by side. Check the lower staples out, they are different. One staple is a little further out than the other. . My book has a very light mark on the leg of Spidey, little as it may be, it is there. They are very similar in condition. You must have comic envy, or something. I really dont care, because I have this book. It was a private sale. So no matter what I say, you will claim "computer" manipulation. Oh well, I have the book, that's whats counts.

How about a new scan of the comic on today's newspaper? confused-smiley-013.gif

You people amaze me. I bought this book. It was in Missouri, not anywhere else. Look at the scans side by side. Check the lower staples out, they are different. One staple is a little further out than the other. . My book has a very light mark on the leg of Spidey, little as it may be, it is there. They are very similar in condition. You must have comic envy, or something. I really dont care, because I have this book. It was a private sale. So no matter what I say, you will claim "computer" manipulation. Oh well, I have the book, that's whats counts.

stout, I would really like to believe you, however it is very odd that you come on these borads with this scan at the exact time a current Ebay auction has the exact same scan. Both your picture and the scan used in the auction have all the same features. Even the scanner bed has the same markings. Both scans use a white background. Both scans are the exact same size. Both scans are near perfect copies of books. Both scans show books with the exact same wrap.

If you truly are genuine, then please provide us with a different scan of the book.

Yep, same scan, same scanner, same book. I'd be a fool to believe otherwise. I'd be an even bigger fool to even try to convince someone otherwise. foreheadslap.gif

You people amaze me. I bought this book. It was in Missouri, not in In. as someone so smart stated, not anywhere else. Look at the scans side by side. Check the lower staples out, they are different. One staple is a little further out than the other. . My book has a very light mark on the leg of Spidey, little as it may be, it is there. They are very similar in condition. You must have comic envy, or something. I really dont care, because I have this book. It was a private sale. So no matter what I say, you will claim "computer" manipulation. Oh well, I have the book, that's whats counts.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't hold you breath. foreheadslap.gif

Hey guys, check out this Amazing Fantasy #15 that I just bought. The seller assures me that it was unrestored in any way, and I got it at a great price. I don't want to take any other scans of it though, because it's a 9.8 or 9.9 and I don't want to damage the book.

15afOct03B.jpg

I heard that a Village insufficiently_thoughtful_person has had many good dealings with the seller! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I heard that a Village insufficiently_thoughtful_person has had many good dealings with the seller! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I heard the same thing. Also, Hammer is smarter than everyone else too, according to the same insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Looking forward to it. I may buy this book, and send it off to be slabbed too.

ANOTHER one??

something is kinda fishy here...these books are waaaay too identical.

500458-e2_3.jpge2_3.JPG

Stout says there is a minute difference in the scans on parts of the book(s)... whatever. The real damning evidence is in the Background!! look on the bottom edge on the left near the corner. See the round arc of what looks like a fold in the paper/board behind the comic??? Its identical in each scan!!! So if pixels shifted in resizing resulting in minute apparent changes inside the book area, why is the background IDENTICAL for 2 "different RANDOM copies"???

juggle.gif

You people amaze me. I bought this book. It was in Missouri, not in In. as someone so smart stated, not anywhere else. Look at the scans side by side. Check the lower staples out, they are different.

Hey insufficiently_thoughtful_person, get something through your thick skull:

We all KNOW it's the EXACT SAME scan! Got that?

Hey insufficiently_thoughtful_person, get something through your thick skull:

We all KNOW it's the EXACT SAME scan! Got that?

Now, is that a way to treat a new member on these boards? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I eagerly await his next reply with baited breath. wink.gif

WELCOME TO THE NOT SO FRIENDLY

FREAKIN BOARDS, STOUT!

Stout, do you have any other high grade ASM scans / issues you bought lately? That book definitely looks great. I can't wait to hear the grade when it returns from CGC. smirk.gif

FFB, looks like you got yourself a winner there, clearly a cut over the rest 27_laughing.gif

Out the Village insufficiently_thoughtful_person! sumo.gif

Ummm...the guy's ID is "Village insufficiently_thoughtful_person" on the CPG boards! foreheadslap.gif

Some on here have comic envy here. Stick your jab's in your collective brains. Should leave lot's of room for other pursuits. I have this book, that is what counts.

The book on E-Bay is very similar. I hope it makes the guy big money. I will glady send scans too anyone who poiltely ask's for them via a PM. The books looks very similar, for a very good reason. Both are outstanding quality books. Go figure........

Some on here have comic envy here. Stick your jab's in your collective brains. Should leave lot's of room for other pursuits. I have this book, that is what counts.

The book on E-Bay is very similar. I hope it makes the guy big money. I will glady send scans too anyone who poiltely ask's for them via a PM. The books looks very similar, for a very good reason. Both are outstanding quality books. Go figure........

Why not just post the scans on here and end the controversy?