• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129

159 posts in this topic

Some of you have way too much time on your hands. I sent scans too the one's who asked. If you didnt get them, let me know. For someone who dosent have this book. Why is it, your now saying the scans are different, but wait... The second scan is even worse, it has been trimmed.... I havent touched this book. No restoration, no trimming, no nothing..... Simply amazing. The second scan was done on my friends system. What his scanner settings are, I have no idea. Some on here, are acting like little kids. Name calling, and the like. Grow up and act like adults. Assuming there are a few on these boards...... Whaaaaaaaa I want my 27_laughing.gifipop or baby will cry!!!! Truely pathetic....... Now some are saying it is two different books, make up your minds, then again I really dont care.........

Some of you have way too much time on your hands. I sent scans too the one's who asked. If you didnt get them, let me know. For someone who dosent have this book. Why is it, your now saying the scans are different, but wait... The second scan is even worse, it has been trimmed.... I havent touched this book. No restoration, no trimming, no nothing..... Simply amazing. The second scan was done on my friends system. What his scanner settings are, I have no idea. Some on here, are acting like little kids. Name calling, and the like. Grow up and act like adults. Assuming there are a few on these boards...... Whaaaaaaaa I want my 27_laughing.gifipop or baby will cry!!!! Truely pathetic....... Now some are saying it is two different books, make up your minds, then again I really dont care.........

sign-funnypost.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif
sign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Once again, my point is proven........ Just too clarify one thing. I use professional computer scanners, etc. What the settings are on my friends book, how he placed the book in the scanner, I have no clue. So get on with life. You can argue and name call all you want, im too old too act like a 2yr old spoiled baby.......

Look, Stout, in all seriousness-

I understand you think all the other posters here are succumbing to comic-envy (or, as we've started calling it here on the boards, "comic ego") but take a moment to consider what's happened here.

You post a scan of a book saying you own it. Alright. It's a really nice book. (Though we do get shown scans of really nice books that forum members own all the time here. Ones worth alot more than the book you claim to have.) A board member finds on eBay the same scan of the book that you've shown us. Not just the same book, the *same scan*. Books aside, the "identical-ness" of the remaining scan make it obvious that they're the same. It's as if the scan was of the book lying on a sheet of newspaper from 1914 with a mustard stain in the shape of J. Edgar Hoover. And then your scan shows the same book on the same newspaper with the same stain in the same shape. Is there any doubt the scans are the same?

Then, when called on it, you produce another scan. Weather it was taken on a friend's scanner or not, the book is obviously different from the one in the original scan. It has an entirely different trim from the first scan, and that's not something that a scanner can change or alter.

It's because of all these reasons we're left wondering you own a copy of the book *at all*. Not because of jealousy or envy, but because of what our own eyes see.

I don't why you would do this, as it doesn't seem like you were trying to get money from anyone, perhaps you just wanted a collective pat-on-the-back with a "Nice book you've got there!"

Regardless, I like to think this is a pretty friendly bunch. If you'd like to come clean, I'll assure you we'll forget the whole thing, and you can feel free to join us in other discussions.

Look, Stout, in all seriousness-

I understand you think all the other posters here are succumbing to comic-envy (or, as we've started calling it here on the boards, "comic ego") but take a moment to consider what's happened here.

You post a scan of a book saying you own it. Alright. It's a really nice book. (Though we do get shown scans of really nice books that forum members own all the time here. Ones worth alot more than the book you claim to have.) A board member finds on eBay the same scan of the book that you've shown us. Not just the same book, the *same scan*. Books aside, the "identical-ness" of the remaining scan make it obvious that they're the same. It's as if the scan was of the book lying on a sheet of newspaper from 1914 with a mustard stain in the shape of J. Edgar Hoover. And then your scan shows the same book on the same newspaper with the same stain in the same shape. Is there any doubt the scans are the same?

Then, when called on it, you produce another scan. Weather it was taken on a friend's scanner or not, the book is obviously different from the one in the original scan. It has an entirely different trim from the first scan, and that's not something that a scanner can change or alter.

It's because of all these reasons we're left wondering you own a copy of the book *at all*. Not because of jealousy or envy, but because of what our own eyes see.

I don't why you would do this, as it doesn't seem like you were trying to get money from anyone, perhaps you just wanted a collective pat-on-the-back with a "Nice book you've got there!"

Regardless, I like to think this is a pretty friendly bunch. If you'd like to come clean, I'll assure you we'll forget the whole thing, and you can feel free to join us in other discussions.

Only make a new account with a different user name first, scammer boy, so we don't know who you are when you come back.