• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Flash has been cast is Grant Gustin

Wow!

Looks like it was option #3 then. :)

Arrow: Grant Gustin Cast as The Flash | The Glee alum will join Arrow as Barry Allen.

DHullshot1.jpg

Have any of you watched Glee? He's not exactly the Barry Allen type...maybe Kid Flash ...

Ben Affleck would be better, lol;)

but I do love the show.

Flash has been cast is Grant Gustin

Wow!

Looks like it was option #3 then. :)

Arrow: Grant Gustin Cast as The Flash | The Glee alum will join Arrow as Barry Allen.

DHullshot1.jpg

Have any of you watched Glee? He's not exactly the Barry Allen type...maybe Kid Flash ...

Ben Affleck would be better, lol;)

but I do love the show.

He reminds me a little of Andrew Garfield. And I have a feeling that's no accident. :)

I've only seen the first couple episodes of Glee, so I'm unfamiliar with Gustin.

Three episodes of "Arrow" -- including the backdoor pilot.

Gustin will play the iconic comic book character and appear in three episodes of The CW's Arrow -- eight, nine and 20 -- the latter of which will serve as the backdoor pilot for a potential spinoff Flash series.

"When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist … an ordinary man," Kreisberg told reporters in July when the project was first announced. The character, like Amell's vigilante, will be grounded in reality and as realistic as possible. The first two episodes will see the character in Queen's home of Starling City, with the 20th providing a window to see Barry in The Flash's world.

My daughter (the person who got me to watch Glee, lol) thinks he's cute. My guess is, they are aiming it more towards her demographics, than this board's;)

I think you're right. The math was probably a no-brainer.

"Let's see, there's 31 million girls in the U.S. age 14 and younger. How many Flash comic book fans are there again? Hmm...yeah, ok...we're gonna go with cute."

My daughter (the person who got me to watch Glee, lol) thinks he's cute. My guess is, they are aiming it more towards her demographics, than this board's;)

"Let's see, there's 31 million girls in the U.S. age 14 and younger. How many Flash comic book fans are there again? Hmm...yeah, ok...we're gonna go with cute."

Don't forget Arrow is a CW show. Young, good looking, trendy are their priorities when casting anything.

Don't forget Arrow is a CW show. Young, good looking, trendy are their priorities when casting anything.

Definitely. Although keeping these same elements, their approach with "Supernatural" was quite different, and probably why it appeals to me more.

Definitely. Although keeping these same elements, their approach with "Supernatural" was quite different, and probably why it appeals to me more.

supernatural another great show on CW

[font:Book Antiqua]

Where is the beef?

In the next season of Arrow.

I Have 3 woman coworkers that love the show

only because the protagonist is "cute"

[/font]

wherebeef_zpsb797f979.jpg

thumbnaild_zps076da25c.jpgthumbnailf_zpsedff2db8.jpg

thumbnails_zps2cdbc597.jpgthumbnaila_zpse5ad71ce.jpg