• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Water Cooler vs. General? Or WC+CG?

66 posts in this topic

I truly don't understand this anti-wc bias. I really don't. To hear some of you talk, it's populated by irradiated zombies who want to eat your brain. I'm here to tell you that other than Tupenny and Thing, that simply isn't true.

This is what I have been saying all along. Word.for.word.

The WC ain't so bad, apart from the odd narcissist.

I hate when that happens.

:insane:

I truly don't understand this anti-wc bias.

As someone who posts in the WC, I have never understood the WC bias either.

I post everywhere even in the comic magazines forum. Comic magazines forum needs love. People should go over there and give some love. :luhv:

I truly don't understand this anti-wc bias. I really don't. To hear some of you talk, it's populated by irradiated zombies who want to eat your brain. I'm here to tell you that other than Tupenny and Thing, that simply isn't true.

The WC debate happens cyclically in CG and it seems birthday threads, etc are brought up in the same breath.

The WC used to be a place that almost nobody from CGC visited from what I remember.

It's become a pretty active place over the last few years, especially since a few comic people (yes we take credit for inspiring life over there) have started posting there.

There is lots of information, engaging discussions and distractions in that cooler. Thankfully Seanfingh avoids it. It's the one place I can hide from him.

Having said that (and this related directly to Eric's initial post) it took some time to get to know everyone over there (in the online sense).

In fact, many of the people there are former Comics General posters who have not only gravitated over there but only post over there now, so there are plenty of comic book collectors on that side of the sandbox.

When you put it into perspective, it's just a learning curve and takes a few days or weeks to get used to it and to get to know people over there much like the first day of high school.

On day one you're nervous, sweaty and your voice cracks. By week one you've recognized the bully who will beat you up for your lunch money and the girl you will have a crush on for the rest of the year. After a few weeks you've settled in and figured out a routine on how to look cool without getting caught looking like a nerd.

Anyhow, just my 2c

On day one you're nervous, sweaty and your voice cracks. By week one you've recognized the bully who will beat you up for your lunch money and the girl you will have a crush on for the rest of the year. After a few weeks you've settled in and figured out a routine on how to look cool without getting caught looking like a nerd.

I haven't figured out how to do that in any forum!

I haven't figured out how to do that in any forum!

The DC fuchsia avatar ain't helping.

:gossip:

:baiting:

Better?

lol

I was kidding. I love fuchsia. Great 80's colour.

Your new one is too :fear: to fit in the Watercooler. You'll scare Marvelfangirl

Better?

lol

Your new one is too :fear: to fit in the Watercooler. You'll scare Marvelfangirl

I hear teal is the new fuchsia.

Better?

lol

I could never stomach teal for some reason.

:facepalm:

Better?

lol

I could never stomach teal for some reason.

:facepalm:

You're not supposed to eat it.

As someone who reads your posts in the WC, I'm starting not to understand your bias against posting styles in the WC. :baiting:

Roy, what you said totally makes sense. It seems many do avoid it or just don't enjoy it as much as CG due to comfort zones.

It just seems a lot of Boardies on and off through the years since I joined, maybe it is more Newbs (I don't really look at people's "joined year" all that much) that don't even know or understand that the WC is a viable option. I feel there is mentality of, "I collect comics, I post in just CGC Forums." Mainly CG.

It goes back to a location of the Water Cooler option. Human nature tends to be: whats the quickest way from point A to B, whats most convenient for me, or flat out laziness. Boardies click on CG to see what's new, hot, bringing drama, what's being beaten like a dead horse, etc.

They decide they want to share something, ask something, rant something ........whammo - they post in CG no matter if it has comic ties or not. That extra step for some to the WC just isn't in their radar.

Man, I wish my buddy's flight wouldn't have been delayed last night! lol!!

I would have just been replying to a John Carter thread with a +1!!

As someone who reads your posts in the WC, I'm starting not to understand your bias against posting styles in the WC. :baiting:

Apples vs. Oranges.

Apples vs. Oranges.

I'm not sure Shellhead sees the distinction.

Apples vs. Oranges.

I'm not sure Shellhead sees the distinction.

We agree.