• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man Skating on Thin Ice Canadian French

53 posts in this topic

McFarlane's original cover art to the issue is for sale in this month's Comicconnect auction. It's up to $3,100 with more than two weeks to go.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=446359

Maybe you could tell them you're an art teacher and you'd like them to donate it to you to help teach the kids anatomy.

I own the original Spider-Man Skating On Thin Ice and also own the French Edition of Spider-Man Skating On Thin Ice and got to looking at the two comparing them side by side and happened to notice that on the cover art of the French version, the boy wearing the Oilers Jersey has 2 numbers on his sleeve, one of them being a 9, and on the Original copy, he does not. Is there any significance to this? I have compared to other pictures online and it looks like most of the French copies do. Just curious?????? Thanks

I own the original Spider-Man Skating On Thin Ice and also own the French Edition of Spider-Man Skating On Thin Ice and got to looking at the two comparing them side by side and happened to notice that on the cover art of the French version, the boy wearing the Oilers Jersey has 2 numbers on his sleeve, one of them being a 9, and on the Original copy, he does not. Is there any significance to this? I have compared to other pictures online and it looks like most of the French copies do. Just curious?????? Thanks

Tribute to Wayne Gretzky. Wore number "99" for the Edmonton Oilers in the 1980's.

How do you tell the difference from a Canadian version? I know I have one but not sure if its Canadian.

Pretty sure there is only a Canadian version, and a French Canadian version.

IIRC - These were given away in Canadian Pizza Huts for a period of time?

How do you tell the difference from a Canadian version? I know I have one but not sure if its Canadian.

In Canada, they're called Pizz'eh Hut.

In Canada, they're called Pizz'eh Hut.

lol

If you need french words ask a french canadian guy.

Me.

Dirtbag has no equal but Trou du cul should do fine.

(Azzhole).

Can i get a strike for french swearing ?

You can't get a strike even for English swearing :P

So why do we get spoonspoonspoon all the time ?

An awesome boardie showed me the workaround so i can actually write Dick Ayers

Dick Van Dyke

Tricky Dick

etc etc..