• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect auction for April- Big books, no buzz?

166 posts in this topic

Wow, the Master Comics Mile Copies are going with no reserve! Hope everybody is asleep when the curtain comes down on those books on April 19! EJR :wishluck:

well, there is a time to buy and a time to hold.... hold on to your money..so be it. This is good auction to watch...and be on the sidelines.

No! Please stop promoting this! I have 45 books in that auction - bid away!!

RACER-X, TIMING IS EVERYTHING

You should of put that consignment on hold after two record breaking HA and CL auctions.

Folks, every auction this year is not gonna break records, its the quality of the material that is gonna do, Billy Bob collection had it, this auction does not.

You should of put that consignment on hold after two record breaking HA and CL auctions.

Folks, every auction this year is not gonna break records, its the quality of the material that is gonna do, Billy Bob collection had it, this auction does not.

Good books will always sell. The collector pool is broader and deeper than Mitch seems to think.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the books for sale in this auction are not a repeat of the Heritage listings - ie few Actions and plenty of Thrillings, Masters etc.

The auction as a whole doesn't need to break a record.

you may be right, but this auction has LOTS of great books - great copies of all the grails, plus MY stuff (thumbs u

Mitch--methinks you doth protest too much.

How could you not like an auction that includes the Larson copy of Marvel Mystery # 7, a 9.4 copy of Daredevil Battles Hitler, and a 9.8 copy of New Mutants 87?

Mitch--methinks you doth protest too much.

How could you not like an auction that includes the Larson copy of Marvel Mystery # 7, a 9.4 copy of Daredevil Battles Hitler, and a 9.8 copy of New Mutants 87?

(thumbs u

I believe Mitch is a "fresh to the market" snob, and finds little joy in any other offerings

IMHO

Good books will always sell. The collector pool is broader and deeper than Mitch seems to think.

I don't think it is a coincidence that the books for sale in this auction are not a repeat of the Heritage listings - ie few Actions and plenty of Thrillings, Masters etc.

The auction as a whole doesn't need to break a record.

(thumbs u

Auction catalog arrived yesterday.

does Comic Connect have a printed auction catalog?

Yes, full glossy all pages. I think I received mine about two weeks ago, maybe it has been a week and a half.

You know the good stuff is coming later this year so go ahead and your money now and regret it later, this is a a tier down from there usual auctions, its like a filer auction, they should of waited put more quality material in and put a distance between this and the billy wright collection.....price are gonna be soft and that goes with the material.

I really do not understand some members here, first you accuse me of being a "cheerleader" of buying golden age comics, and when I make a reality statement about the upcoming auction being a "dud" you get pushed out of shape, make up my your minds, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

The 3 billy wright books coming back on (adv 40, det 28,29) being sold back on Ha.conm in may, now those are what I am talking about,and they will break records, now that is what I mean, about...quality material, the billy buyers are WINNERS all the way as Mr. Charile Sheen. There still are 4 billys left for May also....

I usually avoid the insipid droll about 'buy this, it is going to go for big bucks' carp that has consumed the GA forum of late. But, really, buy books you want to collect. Given the volatility of collectibles, anything else is stoopid.

I don't follow enough of this auction yet to say much but I just look at 2 things so far that I am interested and both look "hot" already with plenty of days left

TEC 29...seriously at $17k when a 4.0 sold for $20k just months ago

that damn Superman check...I figure it would crack six figures and at $36k already, it might get there.

there are still so much time left so I wouldn't rule out crazy prices set for the mega key books in this auction. The way CC auction is set up, no need to snipe since there are plenty of time to battle for the real players.

just my 2 cents

I usually avoid the insipid droll about 'buy this, it is going to go for big bucks' carp that has consumed the GA forum of late. But, really, buy books you want to collect. Given the volatility of collectibles, anything else is stoopid.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Yes and no.

Comic book buyers fall into one of three categories: investors, collectors, and consumers. Most fall into more than one category. But I don't think it's fair to discount future returns as a part of what one hopes for, either as an investor or a collector (and perhaps even as a consumer).

Sure, there's pride in ownership. It's also nice to have that pride validated by the value of the book, and its ascension in value as represented by an increase in sale price.