• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upcoming Heritage Auction

99 posts in this topic

i noticed in the upcoming heritage auction that someone bought the billy wright 'tec 28 and 29 and immediately pressed them up a half-grade and put them right into this auction. do you think that .5 grade raise is going to get them enough money to pay for the pressing and resubmitting? Isn't it really expensive to cgc such big books?

i noticed in the upcoming heritage auction that someone bought the billy wright 'tec 28 and 29 and immediately pressed them up a half-grade and put them right into this auction. do you think that .5 grade raise is going to get them enough money to pay for the pressing and resubmitting? Isn't it really expensive to cgc such big books?

Well, if you happened to have a presser/restoration person on your staff, and you owned CGC, well, my guess is, the cost may not be that high. But that is just a guess.

:insane:

The recent past has shown that high profile GA books that get pressed up tend to sell for slightly less the second time. I think the visibility under GPA for these books is too great for people not to feel like someone is trying to take advantage of a minor grade improvement. Besides, the minor difference in grade doesn't seem to be driving the market for pedigrees, it is the initial surge to 'get one.'

The recent past has shown that high profile GA books that get pressed up tend to sell for slightly less the second time. I think the visibility under GPA for these books is too great for people not to feel like someone is trying to take advantage of a minor grade improvement. Besides, the minor difference in grade doesn't seem to be driving the market for pedigrees, it is the initial surge to 'get one.'

I agree. Everyone knows it's the same book, and there's one less bidder.

Well, if you happened to have a presser/restoration person on your staff, and you owned CGC, well, my guess is, the cost may not be that high. But that is just a guess.

Yup, and if it doesn't sell, the owner can always list it with Lewis Wayne Gallery indefinitely until it sells. Typical MO.

hm

Alright, what is going on here.

I just went on Heritage's site to check out the upcoming Signature auction and there are a lot of Billy Wright books being re-auctioned, most with the same exact grades and some are pretty significant books. What is the deal with this and were those previous sales even real? Did a previous winner back out?

Don't buyers realize these aren't just regular GA books.. These are Billy Gold. Not pieces of hair or bounced checks, they are the best of the best. And they're from the single greatest, record-breaking auction ever. I do not understand the immediate re-auction?

In all seriousness, what gives with this??? hm

Alright, what is going on here.

I do not understand the immediate re-auction?

In all seriousness, what gives with this??? hm

Have you all forgotten Mitch's #1 selling point on the BW books? (tsk)

Grab them while you can because they have nowhere to go except up. If you miss your opportunity, you are only going to have to pay more going forwards. It looks like some of the buyers are drinking the same kool-aid as Mitch.

I guess we'll find out which party was right in the end. hm

Some of the books may have been purchased to flip.....relisted on the auction price with a steep reserve and relisted until it is met.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I once had a non-paying bidder through Heritage on a high dollar book. It happens.

So there are that many deadbeat nonpaying bidders out there...?

And they all like bidding against me apparently...

I find it extremely frustrating to find many books getting re-listed in consecutive auctions. I had to go to the mat for the books I wanted. I wanted them. I did my homework. I abide by the rules and regulations of bidding. And I paid.

Now how many of these inflated prices were pushed up by those who didn't do their homework? If you drove up the prices legitimate collectors had to pay without the intention of making good on your bid, please stand up. I am sure my taxes are already supporting your habit of not paying your other bills..

How do we know these deadbeats aren't "pseudo friends" of the Heritage family? (employees)?

Something smells fishy.

So there are that many deadbeat nonpaying bidders out there...?

And they all like bidding against me apparently...

I find it extremely frustrating to find many books getting re-listed in consecutive auctions. I had to go to the mat for the books I wanted. I wanted them. I did my homework. I abide by the rules and regulations of bidding. And I paid.

Now how many of these inflated prices were pushed up by those who didn't do their homework? If you drove up the prices legitimate collectors had to pay without the intention of making good on your bid, please stand up. I am sure my taxes are already supporting your habit of not paying your other bills..

How do we know these deadbeats aren't "pseudo friends" of the Heritage family? (employees)?

Something smells fishy.

Given the prices the books went for, I think it is easier to believe that someone bid more than they could pay. If Heritage employees bought them and are putting them up for auction so soon, that would be foolish since most/all of the books will probably sell for less the second time around.

I once had a non-paying bidder through Heritage on a high dollar book. It happens.

do i now own that book?

Yep (thumbs u