• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Do Superheroes Wear Underwear On The Outside Of Their Costumes?

24 posts in this topic

What I'm wondering is why are the bad guys always rich and educated?.... Then you have good guys like superman, that come from small towns and get hired in a major newspaper with no prior experience. Or how the heck Wonder Woman ever made it down the street walking all sexy in them "do me now" glasses with nobody really noticing? I would have crashed into a tree if she had been walking down the street while I was driving. Or how the heck is there custom made motorcycles, cars, aeromobile vehicles, that both good guys aaaand bad guys drive, and nobody tracks them... I mean, they all drive without registration or insurance!

Nineteenth century/early twentieth century circus strongmen would often wear their costume over tights. The tights were to cover up what was then socially unacceptable bare skin. The move from strongman to strong superhero is not a big leap. :juggle:

1-2.jpg

Could have been a generational thing with the late 30s-early 40s comic book creators like the majority of men wearing hats in the 50s,long hair in the 60s-70s and mullets in the 80s. :)

Instead of ditching the briefs, superheroes could logo 'em. For that generational updated look. meh

28452_the-rock_l.jpg