• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Con Report

210 posts in this topic

Sweet, so it looks like Marc Silvestri is doing Sketches for this con :)

I hope it turns out awesome.

I heard Greg Horn stopped doing sketches at Cons due to being ridiculed because his Con Art was compared to his published art. Like he had no heart in what he drew at cons. .... Just what I heard.

On the Rosa situation. I told hi that he could personalize the sketches and that I was expecting that. His words were "If someone wants a sketch they can come here and get it themselves" (I could not help to think that this is less than likely for 99.9999999% of the USA) and something to the effect of 'only sketching for fans' (and again I could not help but think, 'I used to be a fan', since when does picking up a sketch for someone else make me a bad guy? and I am pretty sure these are going to your biggest fans, who would arrange to get a sketch from 1000 miles away).

Well anyhow I do not hold any ill feeling toward the man himself but as Beth said yesterday she will not be able to look at Uncle Scrooge the same.

I think someone coloring over or whiting out a personalization sucks, but then years later expressing yourself in the way that was done yesterday, is distasteful and hurts the fans and people who like you.

Oh well, that is the story, and a very small situation. Sorry to those who send books for Don, hopefully I can get you something else.

On to day two, hope to have everything done today!

Menace,

Do you think you'd be able to grab a signed Steve Lieber Alabaster print from the Dark Horse booth? The print is free and I'm more than willing to compensate you for your time.

I have the details in the WTB thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5565237#Post5565237

Sorry to hear that about Rosa, Jake. I was hoping to get a sketch with a "to Ryan" on it but, alas, if he doesn't want to do them then that's that. I'll just hold my softcover of The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck close to my chest and rock back and forth on my bed all day long instead. :cry:

getting a kirkman ticket is turnning out to be a pain they are only handing out 150 a day... at least what the guy told me ... today I was in line & had my hand out the guy beside me got the last one :S

menace rosa hates anything cgc i was told he did one for someone one time & the guy had someone else color over his name & he sold it on ebay

Menace! So let me see my stuff! :lol: I wasn't expecting a text message from Patrick by any means today. Found it very amusing that he got the characters mixed up but it was pretty cool of him to send me a text about it :thumbsup: I can only assume he got it from you, thanks again for the help!

Great seeing so many Boardies and spent a lot of time with .Troy, Menace and ChuckGower. All great people and very patient with the new system. Great guys truly and worked their butts off to help.

I became the Kirkman book sorter at his booth lol

Every person that came up I helped Robert sort the books away so he could continue signing. Great guy and we had a ball...

Crowd was so swamped buy meeting Pen Ward today was a highlight!

JJ

Every person that came up I helped Robert sort the books away so he could continue signing. Great guy and we had a ball...

I hope things went just as smooth at Tony Moore's booth! (Did the two of them ever run into each other?) :popcorn:

Great seeing so many Boardies and spent a lot of time with .Troy, Menace and ChuckGower. All great people and very patient with the new system. Great guys truly and worked their butts off to help.

Crowd was so swamped buy meeting Pen Ward today was a highlight!

JJ

Thanks for all the help JJ, I had a great time. I don't know how you guys do that weekend after weekend. That Kirkman line went on forever!

Jj is awesome online. Great guy i had fun talking with.

Hes alright in person.

What a mean yet accurate thing to say. :shy:

How dare you sir..... Dont take what I said and turn it into what I meant!