• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many think that this ebay seller's made an innocent mistake?

22 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spectacular-Spiderman-Number-8-CGC-9-4-NM-Early-issue-investment-grade-/200734442953?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item2ebcb485c9

The fact that this guys primary picture is a close up of the label is definitely hiiiiighly suspicious. Damned Ebay doooshes. rantrant

Why would anyone want to mislead anyone with either the real book, or the one he's trying to get them to buy? I'm going to guess something is up with the label, and CGC left off the "annual" information either by accident or on purpose.

It's not a big ticket item. The difference is that a 9.4 Spec Spidey would sell and a 9.4 Spec Spidey Annual wouldn't.

I know that it's an obvious mislabel by CGC, quite a coincidence that it's the only slab on Ebay UK which has a big pic of the label as the primary picture, IMHO.

My expensive and highly sophisticated doousche detector senses no readings at this time, maybe I need to recharge my batteries, or call the manufacturer for a refund... hm

The difference is that a 9.4 Spec Spidey would sell and a 9.4 Spec Spidey Annual wouldn't.

I know that it's an obvious mislabel by CGC, quite a coincidence that it's the only slab on Ebay UK which has a big pic of the label as the primary picture, IMHO.

hm I see your point. Still, based on seller feedback rating, I'd say it's not intentional IMO.

It's not a big ticket item. The difference is that a 9.4 Spec Spidey would sell and a 9.4 Spec Spidey Annual wouldn't.

I don't know if that's really true. They seem equally worthless in that grade.

GPA has the last annual in 9.4 selling for $50, and the last regular #8 issue in 9.4 at $8.

GPA has the last annual in 9.4 selling for $50, and the last regular #8 issue in 9.4 at $8.

I know its an old sale but my mind is BLOWN that someone EVER bought a 9.4 annual 8 for 50 beans!!! :ohnoez:

This was destined to happen, hence the seller is not really to blame. It is all part of the great cosmic ballet.

True. Everything happens for a reason.

Having just checked, I can see that is surprisingly true. :o

However, the last sale for a 9.2 Spec Spidey # 8 was $32 and the last sale for a 9.6 Spec Spidey Annual # 8 was $16. :ohnoez:

OK, I guess I'm in the minority and I could be wrong but how many people are there really who wouldn't know the difference if they bought this book? Are there really many people who buy stabbed comics that don't know anything about what they're buying?

I guess I'm just cynical in my old age. hm

OK, I guess I'm in the minority and I could be wrong but how many people are there really who wouldn't know the difference if they bought this book? Are there really many people who buy stabbed comics that don't know anything about what they're buying?

Don't see it that way... It's folks like you, Dice, oakman and a few others that keep that cesspool known as ebay minimally safe for other unsuspecting board members... (worship)

Yes, yes you are.

This was destined to happen, hence the seller is not really to blame. It is all part of the great cosmic ballet.

True. Everything happens for a reason.

You guys are so predictable.

:baiting:

Gaz you should definitely never buy STABBED comics :baiting:

Someone, somewhere knew you were going to say that.

I would usually just blindly agree with anyone genius/badass enough to have Hawkeye as their avatar but my gut tells me this was an innocent mistake. Spec.8 or Spec. Annual8 just doesn't seem worth a scam to me (shrug)

OK, OK, I have become cynical and untrusting. The boards have spoken. :cry:

I shall meditate to find the path to inner wellbeing. ^^