• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

I just got back from borrowing an old friend's Time Machine and went forward to the year 2024...... and I know this sounds kind of hopeless..... but one of the first things I did was to log onto the CGC Forum. It seems that in 2024, Frank is now counting down to 85years of Marvel Comics and that Marvel Comics # 1 is NOT one of the books he still needs. In 2024, Frank has become Chief of Police in Lake Hopatcong and has a nice house there that is almost full of long boxes. He and his wife live in a camper in the back yard :baiting: Way to go, Frank ! :golfclap: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

it has gotten to the point where I am looking for books that I think Frank is going to need. Just trying to plow the way forward.

..... welcome to the Club...... he's become one of my favorite people and I've never even actually met him. GOD BLESS...

it has gotten to the point where I am looking for books that I think Frank is going to need. Just trying to plow the way forward.

..... welcome to the Club...... he's become one of my favorite people and I've never even actually met him. GOD BLESS...

Agreed (thumbs u

Thanks a lot boys for all the kind words! (worship):cloud9:

Got one more today. Finding issues of Strange Tales from #60 to 66 is proving pretty hard.

Strange Tales #61 published Febuary 1958

4f13098751dd3efdfed6adef5f420950_zps2e145984.jpg[/img]

....FANTASTIC cover ...... looks like a Fine or better..... GOD BLESS....

Got two more comics today. :cloud9: Finding all the October 1957 to December 1958 Atlas issues is FUN. Till of course I get down needing one or two more comics that I can't find anywhere. :mad:lol

Still need 53 more comics from that time frame.

Love Romances #73 published Jan 1958

17bfce2baeaf9179fd31d44b1d7c2fad_zpsbcf43e56.jpg[/img]

Love Romances #75 published May 1958

4a1dd5b394ae4910d2101220f682efde_zps3b941d76.jpg[/img]

Not one of the implosion up comics I have been collecting....but it's something that was always talked about that it was a very hard to find comic. Just won this on eBay from sparkle city. I am pretty happy. :banana: One step closer to a Millie run. Only 57 more issues. :tonofbricks::sick:

Millie the Model #2 :banana:

aeac443ef4e70751ff42bc05105ec19e_zps3ae1e300.jpg[/img]

Got one more today. Finding issues of Strange Tales from #60 to 66 is proving pretty hard.

Strange Tales #61 published Febuary 1958

4f13098751dd3efdfed6adef5f420950_zps2e145984.jpg[/img]

....FANTASTIC cover ...... looks like a Fine or better..... GOD BLESS....

Sweet copy. I love this cover, as it sums up the absurdity of post code "horror" - it's a bit odd too, as Everett did a fair number of legitimately moody covers in that era as well. You have to wonder what was going through their minds - "A haunted laundromat, that'll sell!"

Not one of the implosion up comics I have been collecting....but it's something that was always talked about that it was a very hard to find comic. Just won this on eBay from sparkle city. I am pretty happy. :banana: One step closer to a Millie run. Only 57 more issues. :tonofbricks::sick:

Millie the Model #2 :banana:

aeac443ef4e70751ff42bc05105ec19e_zps3ae1e300.jpg[/img]

Dipping your toes in the Timely pool. I see where this is going. Once you start buying Red Circle pulps you're really in trouble.