• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SO who has seen Morgan Spurlock's "Comic-con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope?

16 posts in this topic

I just got back from taking my wife to see it at the Laemmle in Santa Monica.

It was a cute moive and she liked it. ( If she had not than Chuck would reimburse you me in comics)

I have only gone to Comic-Con two times but it seemed like a fairly acurate representation of the spectacle.

I enjoyed the Commentary by the dozens of Comic Book and Entertainment Industry talent.

I was hoping to see some board members, but do not think I did.

It really is a must see for anyone who is a comic fan

Chick was ridiculous. I though he came off as weird (go figure!) and overly concerned with pennies. Not to mention his MH books he had stickered at ridiculous prices. I think he made comic book men look good as dealers in media.

Watched it yesterday. Pretty fair representation of Comic Con - which has become more and more of a pop culture con than a comic con.

I wanted more comics, but hey, that's just me.

Kind of reminded me of a great line from "Comic Book Villians" - I'm paraphrasing when Donal Logue is yelling at Rapaport, "you action figure collector."

Was just going to post a link to the website.

http://comicconmovie.com/

If anyone hasn't seen it, the movie does a decent job of getting across what the Comic Con experience is like.

We have a local theatre running the movie. Check it out.

If you have an xbox 360, I watched it on vudu tonight. Vudu gave me a $4.99 credit for signing up, so I got to see it for free.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. I felt the whole thing with Chuck was forced. The rest of the movie I thought was great. Really enjoyed the commentary from creators.

My wife asked what I'd do if I got to go to SDCC. I told her I'd go for the experience of being there more than buying comics. Its an event more than a comic book show.

I ordered it through Dish and thought it was fun to watch. I really enjoyed the "creators & celebs" talking about what comic con means to them. It would have been great if they showed a little more of the events surrounding the convention. There are so many things going on right outside the doors and in the Gaslamp directly across the street.

I <3 Comic Con. :cloud9:

I liked it. I was at that con, but never do Hall H, not an aspiring creator, and never attend the masquerade. I felt like it filled in the gaps of all the parts of SDCC I never see.

For me SDCC is still primarily a comics show.