• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR AND PRICE VULTURES BEWARE-WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

460 posts in this topic

look I am just making a point...when does this collector maddness stop....there has to be some reality here, 40K for that check is a sign of danger in the real collectable world...I just do not want to see a price crash here with comics taken down by realted collectables when somebody wakes up....

No, you aren't making a point. A point would be a coherent statement followed by three or more similarly coherent statements in support of the main coherent statement. Those would then be followed by a well thought out conclusion that would once again express the main coherent statement. The key words here are coherent statement.

look I am just making a point...when does this collector maddness stop....there has to be some reality here, 40K for that check is a sign of danger in the real collectable world...I just do not want to see a price crash here with comics taken down by realted collectables when somebody wakes up....

How do you even connect the two? The check is one of a kind. It may appeal to comic collectors, but I can think of non-comic collectors that might be interested in it. Can you provide some rational explanation of how anything relating to the sale of this check would ever have an impact on comic collecting? (Remember, I said RATIONAL.)

I still do not like the fact that somebody would pay 150 for a restored book, its does not sit well with me. On this book, I had a real issue with 150K price.

And a lot of people don't like that all you care about is what a comic sells for. All you see is the investment side to the hobby. Why don't you collect gold coins or something and leave comics to those who like them for what they are, and not what they are worth.

You'll be a lot happier, and so will we, not having your incessant drivel cluttering up a board about comics.

I still do not like the fact that somebody would pay 150 for a restored book, its does not sit well with me. On this book, I had a real issue with 150K price.

And a lot of people don't like that all you care about is what a comic sells for. All you see is the investment side to the hobby. Why don't you collect gold coins or something and leave comics to those who like them for what they are, and not what they are worth.

You'll be a lot happier, and so will we, not having your incessant drivel cluttering up a board about comics.

:applause:

This thread fails without someone getting it put in them :P

hm

We have a volunteer :applause:

I still do not like the fact that somebody would pay 150 for a restored book, its does not sit well with me today...

And that's fine, it's just the way you went about making it - just like the price vulture you're rallying against. You've seen the enemy and it is you :o