• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Not a comic, but related. I always liked that it featured an American super hero on a box of Chinese Checkers purchased in Mexico (circa 1987).

photo-85.jpg

That is bad @SS!! Chinese Mexican Checkers with American Marketing!!

Oh spidey, what do you NOT do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What a rare comic...and the inside?..what it seems to me so particular is the cover...in black and white?..very rare and excelent comic !!!.congratulations Chespi !!!! :golfclap:

Hey Gonza!!

I just found out that there is yet another Batman #426 it is Finnish.

Thanks again for letting me know about the Argentinian version.

That makes 8 total that we all know of:

US, Italian, German, Spain, Dutch, Thai, Finland, and last but not least least, Argentina...

So how do i steal your beloved copy? :whistle:

What a rare comic...and the inside?..what it seems to me so particular is the cover...in black and white?..very rare and excelent comic !!!.congratulations Chespi !!!! :golfclap:

Yeah Liam showed me the sale and I nabbed i right away..he also showed me finnish Spiderman 301...but I am not sure if I show get it just yet. I guess I have gotten all my 301 by chance....oh what the heck...I am gettin' it...

you want to steal my(don´t call a copy) Batman 426 Argentina?...what a shame...because your bad behavior... :makepoint: i answer you with this: :headbang:

batman_426.jpg

:whistle:

:frustrated::pullhair::tonofbricks:

Gonza_Araña has OFFICIALLY schooled me

:kidaround:

Who are you??? Are you Batman???

what do you mean dont call it a copy? As Jack Nicholson's Joker once said, "Where does he get all those wonderful toys?"

you want to steal my(don´t call a copy) Batman 426 Argentina?...what a shame...because your bad behavior... :makepoint: i answer you with this: :headbang:

batman_426.jpg

:whistle:

lol

That´s from Brazil. 2002 Mini Series. Was not mentioned on the Brazilian batman 426 indicia.

http://www.guiadosquadrinhos.com/thumb.aspx?cod_tit=mro0301+&esp=&total=2

Haven´t really posted anything in this thread since May but deff been working behind the scenes and keeping in touch with some of the people here, you known who you are :cool:

Been more active in collecting since the summer is gone and the ladies are not in bikinis and mini skirts anymore.

To show off: a bit of everything, mainly Portuguese and Brazilian, Marvel, DC, a Treasury Action comics 1 from Brazil and even a couple of Mexican Disney´s from the 50´s :banana:

th_NewbatchSupFlashRace.jpgth_NewbatchStrangeTales178PT.jpgth_NewbatchJusticeiros23.jpgth_NewbatchDisney.jpgth_NewbatchDisneySpecial.jpgth_NewbatchDianaEbal9.jpgth_NewbatchBatmanEbal42.jpgth_NewbatchBatmanEbal30.jpgth_NewbatchBatmanEbal19.jpgth_NewbatchBatmanBi40.jpgth_NewbatchBatman5.jpgth_NewbatchSuperamigos.jpgth_BB30.jpgth_Conan1t.jpgth_KAMANDI-IM1004.jpgth_KAMANDI-IM1002.jpgth_white129.jpgth_nostalgia001.jpgth_Loja005.jpgth_EBALS.jpgth_namor1.jpgth_Ironfist2.jpgth_Hulk181-2.jpgth_ebalduende.jpgth_lorenzo33.jpgth_lorenzo34.jpg

That´s from Brazil. 2002 Mini Series. Was not mentioned on the Brazilian batman 426 indicia.

http://www.guiadosquadrinhos.com/thumb.aspx?cod_tit=mro0301+&esp=&total=2'>http://www.guiadosquadrinhos.com/thumb.aspx?cod_tit=mro0301+&esp=&total=2

Is the http://www.guiadosquadrinhos.com a site for buying or just a guide like comics.org???

I have a full set of the Italian Valiant stuff. Here are some highlights.

00_SOLAR_LUOMO_DELATOMO.jpg

I partially opened my Italian Alpha/Omega poster and laid it on my scanner. Here is what a little less than 1/3rd of it looks like. It comes with the comic above. I was supplied with an extra poster when I bought the comic/poster combination.

Alpha_Omega_Poster_med_zps868db26a.png

DG

I have never bought stuff from Argentina...I will next year though..two books in mind

Other than MercadoLibre where else can you find Argentina or Thai books?

I dont have books from Argentina, and none of the edition I seek out, were printed in Thailand; not that I know of