• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,888 posts in this topic

tec400brasil_zps9bdaf5b5.jpg

´TEC 400 Brazilian variant . Material seems to come from the Titan English/Italian Playpress trade paperback collections.

That one was printed in 1995, prints tec 400+402, square bound and its the first issue in a 2 issue special series from Nova Sampa in Brazil.

They did also a more extensive run on DC material.Running 36 issues

http://www.guiadosquadrinhos.com/thumb.aspx?cod_tit=co068100&esp=&total=2

Here is # 2 of the special series:

batman-col-invictus-extra-1-e-2-ed-nova-sampa-1993_MLB-F-2906096481_072012.jpg

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Ras and Batman 244. (thumbs u

If you like that one, then you would really like the Brazilian Ebal or the Mexican Novaro, both printed just a few months after US original.

Here’s my Ebal.

I´m pretty sure someone here has the Novaro.

NewbatchBatmanEbal42.jpg

If you like that one, then you would really like the Brazilian Ebal or the Mexican Novaro, both printed just a few months after US original.

Here’s my Ebal.

NewbatchBatmanEbal42.jpg

I'll take that as my cue. lol

Batman244Mexico.jpg

Here’s my Ebal.

NewbatchBatmanEbal42.jpg

I'll take that as my cue. lol

Batman244Mexico.jpg

One of the most iconic bats covers of all time.... how could any of us keep our hands of this books foreign brethren.....

my novaro next to its American cousin... fingers crossed the EBAL book is on its way to me now! :wishluck:

Batman244.jpg

My first three Novaro translations! If anyone finds the Epucol variant to Batman 322, will you let me now? It was full sized as opposed to Novaro´ s pocket-sized Aguila and I would very much like to have it.

th_Batman1123-322usa_zps6e9a9ef5.jpgth_Flash273_zpsd6ce2c68.jpgth_flash274_zpsbc682453.jpg

I'll keep an eye out. (thumbs u

Here is another really cool Brazilian Ebal I got before the end of the year.

This one was published in 1968 and prints Brave and the Bold 30.

Like many Ebals from this time, the Editor gave local artists the chance to show off some of their work. In many cases, the cover has nothing to do with the original, but there are many instances, where the artist just makes its own recreation of the original cover.

Sometimes with very unique choices… (Flash with yellow mask) :facepalm:

The interior art is the same as the original in B&W

Braveandthebold30.jpg

Braveandthebold30panels.jpg

My good friend from Peru, Fernando Franco, publisher of Kingdom Magazine, has just emailed me to let me know about a new documentary by K3 films on the creation of Novaro!

It is awesome. click below to see the actual production offices and the offset printing press both of which I thought I would never again see!

I will try to contact them to get their authorization to add English subtitles to the video.

Here´s the link

http://vimeo.com/channels/novaro