• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,886 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me more about these two Conans TPB type books i just picked up. They are mid-1980s, Conan El Barbaro.

Volume 1 has a Conan cover from a BA book, with Comics forum written above the logo and Juvenil written sideways alongside the logo.

The outer cover is thick card stock, but when you open it there is another cover, typical marvel cover stock. On the inside of the second cover, the story starts. It reprints Conan #1.

This book almost seems like they simply took the first five issues and bound them into a bigger book.

Volume 2 is the same, as it has the covers for issues 5-10, but the covers don't correspond to th books reprinted. The binding on the larger books is , but the issues within are pretty good. Some have glossy back covers, some don't. Back covers are an ad for Superheroes Marvel featuring Spidey and the gang but inside is an ad for a non-marvel product called El Coote, and an inner page list members of Club Conan.

Overall, the prouction value is low. Are these licensed Marvel products or bootlegs?

You have nicely improved you site, Liam: looks great.

Only thing: the italian edition for ASM #194 I sent you: the digest-sized series correct title is "Il Settimanale dell’Uomo Ragno" ("Spider-Man Weekly"), to distinguish it from the second series, which was titled "L’Uomo Ragno" as the first one.

You have nicely improved you site, Liam: looks great.

Only thing: the italian edition for ASM #194 I sent you: the digest-sized series correct title is "Il Settimanale dell’Uomo Ragno" ("Spider-Man Weekly"), to distinguish it from the second series, which was titled "L’Uomo Ragno" as the first one.

Thanks for the info - I purposely shortened some of the titles for formatting reasons. lol

Can anyone tell me more about these two Conans TPB type books i just picked up. They are mid-1980s, Conan El Barbaro.

Volume 1 has a Conan cover from a BA book, with Comics forum written above the logo and Juvenil written sideways alongside the logo.

The outer cover is thick card stock, but when you open it there is another cover, typical marvel cover stock. On the inside of the second cover, the story starts. It reprints Conan #1.

This book almost seems like they simply took the first five issues and bound them into a bigger book.

Volume 2 is the same, as it has the covers for issues 5-10, but the covers don't correspond to th books reprinted. The binding on the larger books is , but the issues within are pretty good. Some have glossy back covers, some don't. Back covers are an ad for Superheroes Marvel featuring Spidey and the gang but inside is an ad for a non-marvel product called El Coote, and an inner page list members of Club Conan.

Overall, the prouction value is low. Are these licensed Marvel products or bootlegs?

Sounds like its from the Spanish Forum/Agostini Series (213 issues + 3 Specials)

http://www.tebeosfera.com/obras/publicaciones/galeria/conan_el_barbaro_forum_planeta-deagostini_1983.html

It's hard for me to belive that the first of these books was submitted for grading in the begining of 2009.

Now, I can officially...like officially..say that I now own every single foreign edition and US reprint that has the cover to ASM 252. Today I received my 2012 French reprint "La Naissance de Venom (1/2)"......

22 ASM 252 books

ASM 252 Mini Promo book

ASM 252 Russian Bootleg

aaaand the German Spiderman 1/444 Blank with a Ron Frenz Recreation of ASM 252..

23/25 are graded SS ...totally stocked...This was my second completed project of a single book/cover, but by far, the most pimpest foreign "set" in existance !!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

133690.jpg.efafb9bf40652923a1010f84706bf7d8.jpg

Check out my updated website - not completely finished but well on the way.

www.foreigncomicbooks.yolasite.com

Looks great Liam! Your colelction is really coming along!!!! :applause:

Tons of great books being posted guys... keep them coming! (thumbs u

It's hard for me to belive that the first of these books was submitted for grading in the begining of 2009.

Now, I can officially...like officially..say that I now own every single foreign edition and US reprint that has the cover to ASM 252. Today I received my 2012 French reprint "La Naissance de Venom (1/2)"......

22 ASM 252 books

ASM 252 Mini Promo book

ASM 252 Russian Bootleg

aaaand the German Spiderman 1/444 Blank with a Ron Frenz Recreation of ASM 252..

23/25 are graded SS ...totally stocked...This was my second completed project of a single book/cover, but by far, the most pimpest foreign "set" in existance !!!

Congrats Hector! Pretty amazing set to complete.... :o But you are the master at this are you not? lol Like Jedi freakin master and sheeeetttt lol

I would say there are very few books that have that many countries that actually printed them...so I am happy to have started this project, as there were copies to be found...I am 90% sure it is done....but how the french saywhen it comes to finding new things..."Dos Cervezas por favor"

22 ASM 252 books

ASM 252 Mini Promo book

ASM 252 Russian Bootleg

:applause:

Pics please!