• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,886 posts in this topic

Spider-man is "laba-laba"?

Yes, in Indonesia I have found two ways of saying it...laba-laba, or labah-labah

Even though it is not one of the issues which I collect, due to how hard it is find these, I had to own one.....

And there seem to be more of them, too, according to this blog:

http://tokohitamblackchamber.blogspot.se/2012/10/serial-laba-laba-merah-penerbit-emcergam.html

Great news. I had heard rumors about indonesian issues from the 1970's but never seen any, until now!

'Tangan Besi' apparently means 'Iron Fist'.

Edited by spidercrazy

Superman et Batman 43, french Batman 227. Interiors are in black and white. This is quite hard to find, for some reason. ^^

supermanetbatman043_zps102e49a9.jpeg

Yeah... I had to settle for a copy that a couple people wrote on.

Batman227France.jpg

Very nice guys! But let me tell ya flying.... the French copy is very tough, but with enough patience you can usually dreg one up! Speaking from experience there are 3 other 227's that are even tougher. And one that is like a dream that forces 227 set makers to awake in a cold sweat...... :gossip:

Oh and BTW owning this book does make you a.... ^^

Edited by Define999

Here's some Aussie books I picked up but just got around to scanning. Kind of weird that they used the cover of Batman 238 for the issue that reprints 234 but whatever I guess.

th_Batman203Australia_zpsf37b1f19.jpgth_Batman233Australia_zpsd1d4d007.jpgth_Batman234Australia_zpsb6a41ce2.jpgth_DC100PageSuperSpectacular14Australia_zps6a25181e.jpg

th_DC100PageSuperSpectacular20Australia_zpsb765cf64.jpgth_DetectiveComics416Austraila_zps84b15ac0.jpgth_Superman195Australia_zpsee4bf90f.jpgth_Superman234Australia_zps9efe2a02.jpg

Great Tim! Gotta love those rare planet comics!!!!!!! :cloud9:

So what's the tough one?????? hm

BTW LOVE your site. So cool. The link in your sig is broken, however.

:gossip: That will have to be PM'd.... Certain foreign knowledge is considered top secret and cannot be diseminated out into the general population..... lol

Thanks for diggin my site... put alot of work into the photography of it... consider this, because the books are shot together, everytime I add a book to a set I have to at least reshoot that line of books..... gets tiring, especially with all those foreign Spawns! :screwy:

I will fix the link! Thanks! (thumbs u

Edited by Define999

:gossip: That will have to be PM'd.... Certain foreign knowledge is considered top secret and cannot be diseminated out into the general population..... lol

Thanks for diggin my site... put alot of work into the photography of it... consider this, because the books are shot together, everytime I add a book to a set I have to at least reshoot that line of books..... gets tiring, especially with all those foreign Spawns! :screwy:

I wanna be PM too! I know of a really hard one,we both have it, but I have a feeling its not the one you´re talking about. Is it? hm

I wanna be PM too! I know of a really hard one,we both have it, but I have a feeling its not the one you´re talking about. Is it? hm

No, Nuno... you know.... :P That one is tough too though... lol