• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,886 posts in this topic

You posted them… ;)

I have difficulties to put your collecting criteria into focus, porcupine48, is there one by which you choose the foreign editions of existing US comics or maybe you have characters or authors you like more?

I mostly collect what I come across...Canadian GA eds are my biggest focus I guess,

then any Edition Heritage I can get.A lot of my foreign variant stuff I get at thrift shops and from buck boxes.Dont get me wrong I have paid through the nose...The giant Hulk 181 EH copy I have for instance.

You posted them… ;)

I have difficulties to put your collecting criteria into focus, porcupine48, is there one by which you choose the foreign editions of existing US comics or maybe you have characters or authors you like more?

I mostly collect what I come across...Canadian GA eds are my biggest focus I guess,

then any Edition Heritage I can get.A lot of my foreign variant stuff I get at thrift shops and from buck boxes.Dont get me wrong I have paid through the nose...The giant Hulk 181 EH copy I have for instance.

Which Hulk is that? hm Can you post a pic?

Oh..that one is mine...its all mine..my prechious...my prechiouzzz..... :devil:

Yes the all important Iceland books..... :gossip: Did you know about these spidercrazy? hm We are trying to find a database of them to see how deep the books went? hm

Six different now: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Israel, Greece and Greece. Searching for issues from Colombia (Greco #27) and Mexico (Macc #4, that one was sold on eBay some time ago, I lost). Of the two greek versions, the first one (lower right) is the best, it's in color. The second version is black-and-white and also the epilogue page is omitted. Blasphemy!

sta47919.jpg

This is a hell of a set by the way! (worship)(worship)(worship) Damn if those damn South african supercomix were not so damn hard to source.... this book which is a scan BTW would top off that set like a cherry on a slice of cake.... (shrug)

spi4.jpg

Six different now: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Israel, Greece and Greece. Searching for issues from Colombia (Greco #27) and Mexico (Macc #4, that one was sold on eBay some time ago, I lost). Of the two greek versions, the first one (lower right) is the best, it's in color. The second version is black-and-white and also the epilogue page is omitted. Blasphemy!

sta47919.jpg

This is a hell of a set by the way! (worship)(worship)(worship) Damn if those damn South african supercomix were not so damn hard to source.... this book which is a scan BTW would top off that set like a cherry on a slice of cake.... (shrug)

spi4.jpg

That looks tasty. Something thought so anyway. lol

You posted them… ;)

Which Hulk is that? hm Can you post a pic?

You have seen it I am certain.

but I LOVE showing my wares....and it is a180 cover sorries all around with shame on top

2012JIMMERS349.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

There are two different.The other does not have the FF stories and a little cheaper. Plan on getting it at the EH booth at this years Ottawa Con. Eerie,can't wait to meet you! Salute pour maitenent

Jimmer

Liam you should fly out,you can stay in the tarantula room!

Yes the all important Iceland books..... :gossip: Did you know about these spidercrazy? hm We are trying to find a database of them to see how deep the books went? hm

Yes, I know about them, but haven't yet been able to get my hands on any copy, despite Iceland being a 'neighbour' nordic country. The population of Iceland is only about 320 000 people, therefore the print runs were very small, only about 500 copies of each issue. One peculiar (very rare) misprint in Sweden is a variant of Spindelmannen #7, 1986, which has a couple of the middle pages printed with icelandic text! I still wonder if Iceland has a similar variant with swedish text in the middle.

Edited by spidercrazy

Yes, I know about them, but haven't yet been able to get my hands on any copy, despite Iceland being a 'neighbour' nordic country. The population of Iceland is only about 320 000 people, therefore the print runs were very small, only about 500 copies of each issue. One peculiar (very rare) misprint in Sweden is a variant of Spindelmannen #7, 1986, which has a couple of the middle pages printed with icelandic text! I still wonder if Iceland has a similar variant with swedish text in the middle.

Are you looking for a specific book?

Hey guys, what would be the estimated value of those?

Action242_zps98bbf1f6.jpg

superboy68_zpsce0d02a4.jpg

Seller wants $50 each, is it fair? Too much? A bargain?

That copy of Action 242 just sold on ebay within the last week, if memory serves it went for about $25. $50 seems high to me considering the tape on the spine. 2c