• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

In exactly 2 days and 1 hour i will score a rare book,

Most shocking to me the book itself doesn't have the key words to actually locate it properly in Ebay.

If the seller listed it by its correct US version it would definitely sell more than $9.99

no one in this forum has the book...

"Thats all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

Hey guys, what would be the estimated value of those?

Action242_zps98bbf1f6.jpg

superboy68_zpsce0d02a4.jpg

Seller wants $50 each, is it fair? Too much? A bargain?

That copy of Action 242 just sold on ebay within the last week, if memory serves it went for about $25. $50 seems high to me considering the tape on the spine. 2c

You know they are very early with the star and the block of text around them... who knows how many are out there?? (shrug) I agree with Tim in that the condition seems to make the 50 dollar price point seem a little high? (shrug) But if these specific books are what you are looking for and another buying opportunity doesn't present itself for a year, or 2, or 3, or ever? Whats that worth to you? Then again Tim said someone bought these and are flipping them for whatever reason? hm Alot of the value in the foreign niche is key based.... not completist based. Are these early supes key for whatever reason? Factor all of these issues in your decision to buy.... And at worst even if he doesn't have a offer function, send him a message with an offer stating that if the listing expires and they do not sell ask him what he would take? (shrug)

Yes the all important Iceland books..... :gossip: Did you know about these spidercrazy? hm We are trying to find a database of them to see how deep the books went? hm

Yes, I know about them, but haven't yet been able to get my hands on any copy, despite Iceland being a 'neighbour' nordic country. The population of Iceland is only about 320 000 people, therefore the print runs were very small, only about 500 copies of each issue. One peculiar (very rare) misprint in Sweden is a variant of Spindelmannen #7, 1986, which has a couple of the middle pages printed with icelandic text! I still wonder if Iceland has a similar variant with swedish text in the middle.

Damn! :o:o:o 500? :o Wow, could be the rarest copper age foreign Spideys in existence up there with the taglog ones.... hm

Oh yeah, I've got these too :whee:

Canada_zps3b52c9a4.jpgCanada3_zps9619fab1.jpg

Liam,from what I have heard the English copy is very rare,even for an EH comic.LMK first if you ever want to work something out for it.

These are cool, interesting..... hm So the english language version was published by EH? hm

Most shocking to me the book itself doesn't have the key words to actually locate it properly in Ebay.

If the seller listed it by its correct US version it would definitely sell more than $9.99

I know what book you're referring to. :whistle:

Are these early supes key for whatever reason?
Really? They're the first appearances of Brainiac and Bizarro. :makepoint:

Ahhhhhhh...... Shows what I know??? :facepalm:

I'm curious tony, can't wait to see it! hm

for some reason i beleive you...

i should have not said anything

for some reason i beleive you...

i should have not said anything

Don't worry... I'm not after it. (thumbs u

Yeah it was. Maybe ill do a video comparing an contrasting.

Do it Liam! (thumbs u Speaking of vids have you done one lately? hm

I would love to see that!

Here is my big ol Spanish comic

wish I understood more,looks funny.

c0f715cc-a3c8-4b5d-a9bb-3c968458aba1_zps562d4ddc.jpg

This is a copy of the italian version from my last sales thread which I sold to YKOil:

LUomoRagno_No_134_f.jpg

Freakin nice man...... YKOil is lucky me thinks.... :applause:

I tried to sell it at least two times, it was reasonably priced for a VF, and then YKOil grabbed it, but I don’t think he particularly collects foreign editions, he probably just liked to have a sample.

Maybe I should post a link here whenever I’ll start a new sales thread.

Yea that got fixed real quick didnt it! lol

Swedish Punny limited 1.... disapointed how rough it is... might have to upgrade in the future.... but the consolation is I bet if this books exists in the states you could probably count it on one hand the copies here....

Punisher_limited1_swedish.jpg

A very nice Usagi YoJimbo 1 Swedish...

UsagiYoJimbo_Swedish1.jpg

The Jonah Hex 1 Swedish......

JonahHex1_Swedish.jpg

Yes the all important Iceland books..... :gossip: Did you know about these spidercrazy? hm We are trying to find a database of them to see how deep the books went? hm

Yes, I know about them, but haven't yet been able to get my hands on any copy, despite Iceland being a 'neighbour' nordic country. The population of Iceland is only about 320 000 people, therefore the print runs were very small, only about 500 copies of each issue. One peculiar (very rare) misprint in Sweden is a variant of Spindelmannen #7, 1986, which has a couple of the middle pages printed with icelandic text! I still wonder if Iceland has a similar variant with swedish text in the middle.

This is the guy to talk to ~~

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wingman-Comics/326984794094040