• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

I purchased this comic from Dave's Comics in Royal Oak, MI, circa 1985. I believe it must be Australian. It's undersized and very glossy. The interior is B&W, and the pages are very fresh - I'm guessing the paper is higher quality than that used for American Comics.
It's either Australian or British.

True, it could be British. In fact, the address for the publisher on the back does look British.

There was a good amount of stuff going back to at least the '50s that was printed in the UK and distributed in Australia as well. (thumbs u

True, it could be British. In fact, the address for the publisher on the back does look British.

There was a good amount of stuff going back to at least the '50s that was printed in the UK and distributed in Australia as well. (thumbs u

It's British for sure. The thing I cannot figure is that the GCD for this title/publisher has only two issues (of 18) listed.

Here's a link to one of the partially indexed "Lassie's" - Number 2. Note that it has the same cover as your #6, just a little different colouring.

What I find hard to figure is the earlier book (#2) is priced at 8d. This one (#6) is priced at 6d.

2d less for the later book.

One possibility is the page count dropped. I note the #8 has a cover blurb announcing 28pp. Nothing on the earlier one (and GCD is of no use here).

It's British for sure. The thing I cannot figure is that the GCD for this title/publisher has only two issues (of 18) listed.

Here's a link to one of the partially indexed "Lassie's" - Number 2. Note that it has the same cover as your #6, just a little different colouring.

What I find hard to figure is the earlier book (#2) is priced at 8d. This one (#6) is priced at 6d.

One possibility is the page count dropped. I note the #8 has a cover blurb announcing 28pp. Nothing on the earlier one (and GCD is of no use here).

GCD is pathetically lacking in information on foreign books. They do have some stuff but there's no cross reference for issue content or titles. There's a few foreign hosted sites that have done a much nicer job of that than GCD. 2c

GCD is pathetically lacking in information on foreign books. They do have some stuff but there's no cross reference for issue content or titles. There's a few foreign hosted sites that have done a much nicer job of that than GCD. 2c

Sorry guys, it's a slow and steady process but I am working on indexing and uploading scans for as many titles as I can lol I've done some great work so far.

If you look at the large-size photo of #2, it looks like it DOES say something about the page count - it's in white letters on the pale yellow background, so I can't tell whether it says "28" or a different number.

Read the whole screen, not just the text of my post. It says who one is replying to in every post, just not in the text field where the response is.

*edit* I see the one I was responding to deleted his post here as well. Still, who I was replying to is on the response.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

Hello Everyone i am new here , i was reading this thread and i want to post those pics, i live in Mexico so i have easy access to this kind of material , my plan is to sell them and buy other comics, the problem is , that i really dont know the prices since there are still no guides...

This one is from Spain from 1990

1005595_134484606759536_517360612_n.jpg }

Editorial Novedades 1982

992887_134484700092860_193531467_n.jpg

And this one is new (i brought 3 copies)

1044173_134484803426183_293538003_n.jpg

Welcome Mijael, :)

you have got to get to know a little each market. I suppose you know your own (Mexico) – as far as Spain goes, Matteo (Marmat) lives there, so you can ask.

There is also Peter which is from Portugal (but does not collect them in portoguese, I think, as he collects in english).

Read the whole screen, not just the text of my post. It says who one is replying to in every post, just not in the text field where the response is.

*edit* I see the one I was responding to deleted his post here as well. Still, who I was replying to is on the response.

-slym

(shrug)

What and who's picture was it..... (shrug)