• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Quick question to both you guys.... does either of those contain stickers? hm

The italian Cap #1 originally contained BOTH poster and stickers, but to find one with both means to be willing to spend over $200… :eek:

Mine has no poster or stickers either.

Vaillant, what would you say the going rate for this book in VF would be? I may sell it as I don't really collect Cap at all.

Vaillant, what would you say the going rate for this book in VF would be? I may sell it as I don't really collect Cap at all.

I’m not really up to date with prices on a number of italian editions.

Generally speaking, the first Captain America issues are valued less than the first Fantastic Four or Spidey, simply because it started a few years later.

Your copy looks nice, so I’d say no less than $60-70 (without poster and stickers).

This is a copy offered for 70 Euro currently sitting (unsold) on eBay.it:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/CAPITAN-AMERICA-1-CORNO-STATO-OTTIMO-/110990844867?pt=Fumetti_Occidentali&hash=item19d791e3c3

Here’s a copy with the poster currently auctioned on eBay.it –

(the price is quite crazy, in my opinion, as it does not have even the stickers):

http://www.ebay.it/itm/CAPITAN-AMERICA-1-CORNO-POSTER-MANIFESTO-BELLISSIMO-/231010605055?pt=Fumetti_Occidentali&hash=item35c94e17ff

Generally speaking, the first Captain America issues are valued less than the first Fantastic Four or Spidey, simply because it started a few years later.

Your copy looks nice, so I’d say no less than $60-70 (without poster and stickers).

http://www.ebay.it/itm/CAPITAN-AMERICA-1-CORNO-STATO-OTTIMO-/110990844867?pt=Fumetti_Occidentali&hash=item19d791e3c3

(the price is quite crazy, in my opinion, as it does not have even the stickers):

http://www.ebay.it/itm/CAPITAN-AMERICA-1-CORNO-POSTER-MANIFESTO-BELLISSIMO-/231010605055?pt=Fumetti_Occidentali&hash=item35c94e17ff

Thanks for the info! (thumbs u

Thanks for the info! (thumbs u

Stick around and you'll quickly find out that there doesn't seem to be much Claudio doesn't know.

I also found this Filemon album that I had been looking for for many years. It is a french comic that started publishing in 1965 ('Philémon' in original). 16 albums have been published in France but only three of them have been translated into swedish. I have not seen any english translations. The story is about a teenage boy who lives with his father on a farm. He falls into a well and is sucked into the water, which serves as a portal to another world, where he experiences all kinds of fantastic adventures. A must read!

st39.jpg

I totally love this storyline… :cloud9:

What is weird about these Heritage editions (Canadian?) is that the cover paper looks a lot yellower than US books, and also the cover graphic design has something "vintage" about it and they look like 1960s books while they are late Bronze…

Another from my Byrne completionist days...

D93MGz2.jpg

Hello people!

look at this...TOPOLINO - Italy (Mickey Mouse) #3000, published few weeks ago.

TOPOLINO is probably the most long-lived comic book in the world!!!

First issue was published in 1949...and for decades now it has been published on a weekly basis....

un98.jpg

un98.jpg

Believe it or not, Federico, it‘s the first time I see it so closely! :D

I was at the lunch where the guys from the Papersera forum awarded the current Topolino editor (Valentina Poli) but at the last Reggio Emilia convention, slightly after the book came out, it was impossible to find. And that is weird. I wonder which print run they have had on that.

I also found this Filemon album that I had been looking for for many years. It is a french comic that started publishing in 1965 ('Philémon' in original). 16 albums have been published in France but only three of them have been translated into swedish. I have not seen any english translations. The story is about a teenage boy who lives with his father on a farm. He falls into a well and is sucked into the water, which serves as a portal to another world, where he experiences all kinds of fantastic adventures. A must read!

st39.jpg

SPIDERCRAZY!!!!!

you have a Edderkoppen #1 ?????

i got 4 guys in Norway looking with a $3-500 budget....

So far no luck

Added three foreign variants to my Killing Joke collection over the last few months.

Still looking for some:

Germany (Green Title) (Publisher - Panini Comics)

Italy (Yellow and Orange title)

Poland

Finland

Netherlands(Dutch)

Serbian (Magazine size)

Spain (2 publishers - Norma Editorial and Perfil)

Mexico (Publisher - Editorial Vid)

France (Publisher - Delcourt)

Hungary

Serbia (2 Publishers - Mentor and Phoenix Press)

Sweden

1-Sweden_zpsdb9e33fc.jpg

Peru (Magazine size)

1-Peru_zpse8268135.jpg

Brazil

1-Brazil_zpsde042da0.jpg