• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Not sure which of these I'm going to keep or offload yet.. but if you're interested in any, let me know.

This photo is full of Aussie print versions from 1957 and 1958:

We7FFd5.jpg

These are apparently British. Also from the same era:

O6QOCSh.jpg

Just got these in today thanks to Matt (Define999). :headbang:

Goodwill Bookstore Avengers 96

Avengers96Philippines_zpscbb150d3.jpg

National Bookstore Green Lantern 89

GreenLantern89Philippines_zpse891bde3.jpg

National Bookstore House of Secrets 103

HouseofSecrets103Philippines_zpsbfb295e5.jpg

These are from the Phillipines? What is the story behind these bookstore editions?

These are from the Phillipines? What is the story behind these bookstore editions?
There were two bookstore chains in the Philippines at the time that printed not only their own material but re-printed material from the US, both Marvel and DC.

I finally got things organized to the point of separating what I'm definitely keeping and what I'm willing to let go. Here's a link to my Sell/Trade folder in Photobucket. If anyone sees anything they're interested in just shoot me a PM.

This is a short list of high priority Editorial Novaro books I'm looking for:

Mi Gran Aventura serie Aguila #2-154

Cuento de Misterio #163 #231 & serie Avestruz #24

Superman #908

I'd be interested in pretty much anything by Adams or Wrightson that I don't already have and am always looking for just about any National Bookstore and Goodwill Bookstore editions from the Philippines. (thumbs u

Its important to remember that Canadian edition books are in fact printed and made in the U.S. Canadian edition or Canadian cover price variant comics are American. They`re shipped over the border to a Canadian distributor. They are all printed at the same facility (U.S newsstand, direct and Canadian newsstand.) The same cant be said for foreign books. There is a good reason why some people (Americans too) are getting serious about these comics.

Its important to remember that Canadian edition books are in fact printed and made in the U.S. Canadian edition or Canadian cover price variant comics are American. They`re shipped over the border to a Canadian distributor. They are all printed at the same facility (U.S newsstand, direct and Canadian newsstand.) The same cant be said for foreign books. There is a good reason why some people (Americans too) are getting serious about these comics.

I like them because the target audience was still Canadians and Brits.

For the last couple decades most U.S. comics have actually been printed in Canada, so it would be the U.S. editions that get shipped over the border.