• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Got a few more things in. :grin:

AmazingSpiderMan1Portugal_zps86b76804.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan11Portugal_zpsd15e038d.jpg

FantasticFour5Spain_zps83e3db19.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan122Spain_zpsf1ef1bcb.jpg

Bukki is an Israeli title that takes it's name from Buck Rogers which was the main feature for most of the run. It was published from 1967 through 1972. These two issues contain the story from Tales of Suspense #58. The first part uses the splash page as the cover and the second part uses the cover image from ToS #59.

TalesofSuspense58aIsrael_zps8e2bebca.jpg

TalesofSuspense58bIsrael_zpsae186dc0.jpg

the Tales of Suspense is crazy with brilliant colors!!!

So i found out something interesting yesterday....

They have several different languages of books i dont think any of us have in the foreign group :(

yo check it! im on the hunt im hungry like a wolf....

20140130_165614_zps066b00c2.jpg

20140130_165555_zps070f9dbe.jpg

the Tales of Suspense is crazy with brilliant colors!!!

So i found out something interesting yesterday....

They have several different languages of books i dont think any of us have in the foreign group :(

yo check it! im on the hunt im hungry like a wolf....

20140130_165614_zps066b00c2.jpg

20140130_165555_zps070f9dbe.jpg

Good find Tony! :o Happy hunting... if anyone can find hard to find books its you!!!! :headbang:

Asm129italian_zpsc4cdbc6a.jpeg

Asm129bcitalian_zps8253f488.jpeg

Very nice Mateo! :cloud9: I love the simplicity of the Italian 129. This book also seems to have a richness in color thats quite attractive. One of my favorite 129 foreigns for sure..... and man, if not for that corner crunching on the top right you might have a cgc-able Italian 129.... hm Could be worth pressing... uummmmm hm

Arrived today. Finnish subscriber premium.

hulkfinnish377.jpeg

Mr. Donut! We hadnt seen you around these parts in a while.... nice to see ya back and what a piece you bring sir!!!! :o Love it.... The Nordic countries had a nice tendency to do these subscriber books.... there is a 129 version as well that I have been lookign to get my hands on at some point. I wonder how many subscriber books we could find. It could almost be a whole nother little niche within the foreign focus....

very nice! :applause:

In the mail today

m6vx.jpg

2hoc.jpg

Man, lots of quality foreigns in this thread lately..... super sweet vampi's as always Stephane! :cloud9: Are we sure for the sureity the Japanese dont have a book with the classic vampi 1 cover? hm

If the cover of #1 exist, all the Vampi collectors I know never saw it

In the mail today

m6vx.jpg

2hoc.jpg

Man, lots of quality foreigns in this thread lately..... super sweet vampi's as always Stephane! :cloud9: Are we sure for the sureity the Japanese dont have a book with the classic vampi 1 cover? hm

If the cover of #1 exist, all the Vampi collectors I know never saw it

Too bad.... (shrug)

In the immortal words of Mr. King "can we all get along?" OK so Rodney isn't quite as inspiring as Martin Luther. In any case is there someway to include all foreign material, not just select issues, into cgc and other databases without everyone but us off?
Probably not considering that apparently most of the registry guys consider foreign editions as just re-prints based on the comments being made.

Curiously they accept and collect variants and reprints. They just seem to busy over there driving around in their 89' volvos and eating ramen noodles worried that the paper their collection was printed on was made in the good ol' US of A. Mmmmm you can almost smell that scotch pine! No wait that's just an air freshener....some sealed these things in plastic cases!

Edited by Henro