• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Love the hebrew and thai lettering on the Supermens… :)

@Tim: Sweet! But I would have kept the single image scans, so they’re easier to reference. (thumbs u

The images on the Foreign Set page were put together by our good friend Matt. He and I talked about it a bit the other day and I may end up (eventually) changing those over to the individual pic format as well. It will make it easier to add/remove books as they're acquired/sold/traded. Maybe with enough :blahblah: he could be convinced to do the same so as to not be so stubborn about not trading books he already has pictured on his site. :baiting:lol

From the island of Aegina of the coast of Greece, someone decided the greeks had it all wrong about the cover of #129 and it's incorrect story. :roflmao:

If I had lived there i would have done the same... (tsk)

Like a real boss..... :sumo:

20131228_220009_zpsb40f6cbd.jpg

20131228_220036_zps99e65de3.jpg

20131228_215950_zps026c5b03.jpg

I had seen the two various covers before, my conclusion was that the image that I had seen with the 18 was someone messing with the actual image...wow..this is very very neat to see....awesome really, awesome (worship)

This is mind blowing for a 129 set collector! :o:o:o:o:o:o

Because I have access to the Greek database on spideys and I am not sure if it represents this discrepancy? WTF man..... Im going to go check and see if they have 2 129's and if not whats taking the place of the 17? Did they really play that fast and loose with the numbering and covers? WTF :o:o:o:o:o

@Tim: Sweet! But I would have kept the single image scans, so they’re easier to reference. (thumbs u

The images on the Foreign Set page were put together by our good friend Matt. He and I talked about it a bit the other day and I may end up (eventually) changing those over to the individual pic format as well. It will make it easier to add/remove books as they're acquired/sold/traded. Maybe with enough :blahblah: he could be convinced to do the same so as to not be so stubborn about not trading books he already has pictured on his site. :baiting:lol

Nope, sure wont... my system not only plays an integral part of cataloguing my collection visually.... but if every book I had was possibly up for trade or sale my head would explode... im a hoarder at heart and my system keeps me sane guys.... :gossip:

i love john byrne......

i know he is not the most likable in the industry but i think he drew the best Superman of the 80s....

T2eC16ZHJGkFFmJbeneBS82OKvTw60_57_zps7089a852.jpg

T2eC16RzEE9s3YPBQ7ue2dNLg60_12_zps10deb2d0.jpg

Nice! i had seen that Hebrew supes a while back..... sure is pretty Tony, and combined with the thai version makes for quite a unique little foreign set.... :applause:

Yesterday, I got this in the mail. The only number from Colombia. Best of all, there 2 cover. The 1st one is taken from Vampirella #19 (iconic cover of José González), and the second cover is the also iconic cover of Frazetta from #1. Inside, there a little bit of color, some story are with orange, and other with green.

1sfj.jpg

xb8z.jpg

p1n6.jpg

:banana:

I see a Vampi limelight in this guys future...... hm

Nope, sure wont... my system not only plays an integral part of cataloguing my collection visually.... but if every book I had was possibly up for trade or sale my head would explode... im a hoarder at heart and my system keeps me sane guys.... :gossip:

Apparently you doubt my ability to use and alter your OCD to suit my ends. meh

This might just have to become a "pet" project. :devil:

From the island of Aegina of the coast of Greece, someone decided the greeks had it all wrong about the cover of #129 and it's incorrect story. :roflmao:

I had seen the two various covers before, my conclusion was that the image that I had seen with the 18 was someone messing with the actual image...wow..this is very very neat to see....awesome really, awesome (worship)

Because I have access to the Greek database on spideys and I am not sure if it represents this discrepancy? WTF man..... Im going to go check and see if they have 2 129's and if not whats taking the place of the 17? Did they really play that fast and loose with the numbering and covers? WTF :o:o:o:o:o

Matt,

someone in the Greek Forum told me that in the past some greek collectors were trying to line up the correct covers with the correct stories.

Matt,

someone in the Greek Forum told me that in the past some greek collectors were trying to line up the correct covers with the correct stories.

That still doesn't explain the difference in the numbering in the upper left corner. :baiting::gossip:(shrug)

Well here is what is on the Greek forum database! I put the larger scans on the bottom!

greekdatabsecompareandcontrat.jpg

So the database has the Greek 129 as 17 which is actually not what we have mainly seen right? My Greek 129 is an 18 number with mismatched insides?

But, what the databse says is 18 is numbered 17! :o so WTF! :o Also, Tim is right Tony... if a collector was trying to match up proper story with proper cover the one you have that says 17 would still stay 18.... unless its a marker type correction? hm Are you sure its pre-printed Tony? The plot thickens.....

If its ok with you Tony I am going to pose this question with your image and mine at the Greek forum... can I use your image? hm

Tony you have seen mostly 18's numbering right? Liams is what? Who else do we know has the Greek 129? hm

Edited by Define999

the cover prints are different and the one inside does not match. I cannot even explain it myself

i dont know if it is a collector created item or publisher correction....

Could be a 2nd printing? Could the rabbit hole of Greek kabanas Hellas foreigns go deeper than any of us might have thought? hm

yea go ahead i will take a closer look and more detailed pics tonight.

im like you i want to also know.... im thinking its a collector created/modified cover but nonethelss im gonna include it in my upcoming 40th Anniversary ASM129 Group Shot in Feb.....

It will be a nightmare from foreign hell...or from Russia with love....or Greece doh!

Thanks to my fiendish friend Barbarian sending me the Brazilian copy, today, I finished off another set today, although small, a full set nonetheless....

The Wonder Woman 199 Bondage cover set...it wasn't easy...here it is:

Australian~

AustralianWW199_zpse54e5bc9.jpg

The one of a kind Philippine copy:

PhilliWW199_zpsa9d5b639.jpg

Brazil:

BrazilWW199_zpsa6fa9848.jpg

Mexican:

WW199Mex1_zps42934ddf.jpg

Another Mexican copy:

WW199Mex2_zpsdc20bb3a.jpg

The US copy:

WW199_zpsdde5a9ff.jpg

The set:

AAAAAAAAAA_zpsd9cd3424.png

and of course, they all compliment a sheet of original production art rather well :) :

WW199ProdArtx_zps62b0a499.jpg

Thanks to my fiendish friend Barbarian sending me the Brazilian copy, today, I finished off another set today, although small, a full set nonetheless....

The Wonder Woman 199 Bondage cover set...it wasn't easy...here it is:

Australian~

AustralianWW199_zpse54e5bc9.jpg

The one of a kind Philippine copy:

PhilliWW199_zpsa9d5b639.jpg

Brazil:

BrazilWW199_zpsa6fa9848.jpg

Mexican:

WW199Mex1_zps42934ddf.jpg

Another Mexican copy:

WW199Mex2_zpsdc20bb3a.jpg

The US copy:

WW199_zpsdde5a9ff.jpg

The set:

AAAAAAAAAA_zpsd9cd3424.png

and of course, they all compliment a sheet of original production art rather well :) :

WW199ProdArtx_zps62b0a499.jpg

I love the cover , it looks like those Golden age horror books , Congratulations!