• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

We need to add a pair for Golden and Platinum (or their foreign equivalents).

I just acquired a 1939 italian Superman (the third of only four issues) – which features a "bootleg" story written and drawn in Italy (the first two contained Superman stories translated from the newspaper strips).

I thought about adding one in GA but didn't think any of us really played in that sandbox enough to justify it.

I just acquired a 1939 italian Superman (the third of only four issues) – which features a "bootleg" story written and drawn in Italy (the first two contained Superman stories translated from the newspaper strips).

I am glad you won this item. I was bidding on it too, but I decided to stop just because of the fact it's written and drawn by italian artist. It is a very cool item indeed.

I am glad you won this item. I was bidding on it too, but I decided to stop just because of the fact it's written and drawn by italian artist. It is a very cool item indeed.

I was undecided too – I have decided to bid just because of its rarity and I was curious to see it, even more than the first two issues which after all are a proper italian edition. I guessed it was enough an historical curiosity to justify the bid, but I did not bid much either, and was pretty surprised to win it (I have yet to receive it, anyway). :)

I thought about adding one in GA but didn't think any of us really played in that sandbox enough to justify it.

I have a lot of Canadian stuff...

vaillant,you should pm me more about that 1939 Supes...just to talk and not crowd here,and well :foryou: not bromance but I think you are purty swell.

a28310a7-e63a-49a2-82b6-f6e510c3e7d0_zps66dfa7df.jpg

vaillant,you should pm me more about that 1939 Supes...just to talk and not crowd here,and well :foryou: not bromance but I think you are purty swell.

Will do, when I get it. (thumbs u

I’d also like to open a similar discussion for foreign editions in Golden Age – an acquaintance of mine just acquired some early Batman and Centaur books from the late 1930s and 1944-45, super-rare stuff and the very early publications of comic book material here.

Will do, when I get it. (thumbs u

I’d also like to open a similar discussion for foreign editions in Golden Age – an acquaintance of mine just acquired some early Batman and Centaur books from the late 1930s and 1944-45, super-rare stuff and the very early publications of comic book material here.

Done!