• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

DAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

DAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!

what exactly are you trying to say? :applause:

Another one today with the help of Tony

vampirella3suede.jpg

:applause:

Quality like always! And speaking of the quality of Stephanes Vampi collction I might as well post this Vampi #1 poster here as well! Most of the books are his....

FCCPresentsvampi1_27x40movieposter.jpg

Another one today with the help of Tony

vampirella3suede.jpg

:applause:

Quality like always! And speaking of the quality of Stephanes Vampi collction I might as well post this Vampi #1 poster here as well! Most of the books are his....

FCCPresentsvampi1_27x40movieposter.jpg

(worship) (worship)

What is this? Blow your mind foreign edition Thursday? :acclaim:

well it is anybody have a problem with that? :sumo:

Awesome haul on the Vamps :luhv::applause::applause:

What is this? Blow your mind foreign edition Thursday? :acclaim:

well it is anybody have a problem with that? :sumo:

Awesome haul on the Vamps :luhv::applause::applause:

The idea is to make multiple posters of different sets or foreign runs... im starting to think a 129 set of 12 books is next. hm

Junk picture, better ones coming with my next round of uploads but this finally arrived today my Japanese iron man 80......IMG_20140226_191152_zpsww0ffv7l.jpg

Very cool Henro! What known Japanese IM keys exist? hm

The only two I know of is this IM #80 cover that actually has a different interior, and one with the interior of IM #92 which has an adapted ASM#87 cover. When the Marvel Kobunsha pocket book series was discontinued the publishers parent company still put out several volumes of the material it had begun to translate for other pocket editions that never materialised.

Edited by Henro

Junk picture, better ones coming with my next round of uploads but this finally arrived today my Japanese iron man 80......IMG_20140226_191152_zpsww0ffv7l.jpg

Very cool Henro! What known Japanese IM keys exist? hm

The only two I know of is this IM #80 cover that actually has a different interior, and one with the interior of IM #92 which has an adapted ASM#87 cover. When the Marvel Kobunsha pocket book series was discontinued the publishers parent company still put out several volumes of the material it had begun to translate for other pocket editions that never materialised.

Ahhhh I see! (thumbs u

:news: :news: :news:

Ladies and gentlemen!

Great news - a certain friendly organization is launching a foreign-dedicated forum :whee::headbang::whee:

But before we make the official announcement, we need a few Beta testers to sign up for the forum and test its functionality.

If you are interested in getting your foot in the door before we go public, send me a PM :foryou:

Pretty darn awesome....can you please take a better picture and show us the guts of the book..please

:popcorn::popcorn:

Working on the pics, I have to go to a friends house to upload my good camera.

And this is a question for everyone.... Are people here interested mainly in variants in the form of just being translated or with some alteration to prices etc... Or are there people interested in the larger world foreigns have to offer like adaptations, localisations or other forms works have taken in markets foreign to their original creators? I've seen the Mexican spiderman and things here are these other types of foreigns anybody's focus?

Edited by Henro

And this is a question for everyone.... Are people here interested mainly in variants in the form of just being translated or with some alteration to prices etc... Or are there people interested in the larger world foreigns have to offer like adaptations, localisations or other forms works have taken in markets foreign to their original creators? I've seen the Mexican spiderman and things here are these other types of foreigns anybody's focus?

Anything and everything sir. (thumbs u

More than localizations for me it’s interesting to see when a product which has universal values (e.g. Walt Disney’s production) happens to find a good terrain outside its native country, and is carried on by further generations of artists.

Localizazions (if I understand the term correctly) are interesting to some degree, but more than often they end up being something of their own, not much related to the original work (I am thinking of the japanese ones).

Your response re highlights part of the larger problem here with terminology surrounding foreigns. There is no clear definitions for the different types of works that exist. How much can you localise a work and how much license can a foreign producer take with a character or story before a work is no longer a variant but something entirely different? Alterations are made to art, language, advertising, printing layout, panels are removed, whole new story arcs are created, whole issues are redrawn and any number of other changes or license is taken with characters and there respective universe's. What is a Variant vs. Adaptation vs. Localisation vs. Transcreation vs. Anything else and can there be a line in the sand between them? Does a work being authorized or not enter the definition?

Edited by Henro

Your response re highlights part of the larger problem here with terminology surrounding foreigns. There is no clear definitions for the different types of works that exist. How much can you localise a work and how much license can a foreign producer take with a character or story before a work is no longer a variant but something entirely different? Alterations are made to art, language, advertising, printing layout, panels are removed, whole new story arcs are created, whole issues are redrawn and any number of other changes or license is taken with characters and there respective universe's. What is a Variant vs. Adaptation vs. Localisation vs. Transcreation vs. Anything else and can there be a line in the sand between them? Does a work being authorized or not enter the definition?
Perhaps everyone should just stop trying to put labels on everything and just appreciate each book for what it is. :idea: