• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,885 posts in this topic

IMG_20140131_185159_zpsuxoqjl6l.jpg

First English edition of Barefoot Gen August 6 1977

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Wow...I am in love.Never seen that before,as a big fan of it,thank you.I said big fan,not expert..but really incredible.anyone have the original original?Wow...wow.

Mitico!

:gossip: Each and every italian aged between 35 and 50 years old now, grew up with Grendizer, while in the US it was partially aired on local TV stations, mostly in New England.

I do have the english dubbed episodes on DVD (obtained in a trade), BTW, it’s interesting to hear the english dubbing and they are pretty much rare to get, I guess.

Mitico!

:gossip: Each and every italian aged between 35 and 50 years old now, grew up with Grendizer, while in the US it was partially aired on local TV stations, mostly in New England.

I do have the english dubbed episodes on DVD (obtained in a trade), BTW, it’s interesting to hear the english dubbing and they are pretty much rare to get, I guess.

...and Mazinger, Mazinger Z, Jeeg, Daitarn, and so many more.

Memories :cloud9:

Very cool Matthew, thanks!

@Matteo: You’re slightly younger than me, but you may remember the very first to reach Italy (aired on private TV stations) was Danguard by Leiji Matsumoto (and I loved it).

I must admit that although they have been an important part of my formation, I have little memories of the TV anime series, Astroganger is one of the few exceptions, although it has not been released as in Japan had limited commercial success and unfortunately is largely forgotten.

Besides Italy Astroganger was huge in the Arab Emirates, anyway, where many people remember the series with fondness.

cap013.bmp.jpg

Mitico!

Grandizer Go!

I guess I got lucky growing up in New England, as we had the best cartoon block in the history of mankind - StarBlazers at 3:30 p.m. and Force Five at 4 p.m (if I am remembering those times correctly). We'd get out of school at 3 and just rush home, let me tell you.

Force Five had a different show every day of the week:

Monday - Danguard Ace

Tuesday - StarVengers (which I guess was called Getter Robo G in Japan)

Wednesday - Spaceketeers (Starzinger)

Thursday - Grandizer

Friday - Gai King

Most of my friends like Gai King the best, but Spaceketeers was my favorite.

So good. (thumbs u

To many pages for me to read to catch up lol

Not sure its all older issues here but I want to ask if anyone collects the Walking Dead foreign issues? Trying to get a list going but seems to be no love in modern section for foreign issues.

I have a Serbian set in cgc and a few raws. Just started the French trades put out by Delcourt. I'm told there is Dutch as well. I have a few German issues.

Got a pretty good run of Argentinian in cgc and a few of the raw Mexican version.

Most of these are pretty current and I'm having trouble finding how to buy these. Is the a company that sells current foreign issues from around the world here in the US? Or am I pretty much on my own?

To many pages for me to read to catch up lol

Not sure its all older issues here but I want to ask if anyone collects the Walking Dead foreign issues? Trying to get a list going but seems to be no love in modern section for foreign issues.

I have a Serbian set in cgc and a few raws. Just started the French trades put out by Delcourt. I'm told there is Dutch as well. I have a few German issues.

Got a pretty good run of Argentinian in cgc and a few of the raw Mexican version.

Most of these are pretty current and I'm having trouble finding how to buy these. Is the a company that sells current foreign issues from around the world here in the US? Or am I pretty much on my own?

the Amazing RJS collects all the Walking Dead #1 foreign editions...

i dont think he has them all but he would know the best of all the issues published....

He has the largest ASM194 and Conan1 foreign collections they are pretty incredible