• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Is that a second print?

Nope! Interesting that you would ask, though. This was the first Mexican variant ever to get a second print. And they told me it had not sold well when I translated it!

Wait wait wait!! :o Are you telling me....that YOU personally translated this??! :o

:o :o :o

De pura casualidad...te llamas Gustavo Medina? el mismo Blogspot de comics de La Prensa?

supesvsspidey_zps25b34dae.jpg

This hard to find Mexican tabloid also has my credit as Jim Shooter and Marv Wolfman´s translator.

Youe best bet to do a Sig Series is go to a convention that Desert Wind is at and sing your own books in front of them and let them submit to CGC.

Private signing require minimum of 200 signed books for a Sig Rep to come out.

So best bet is go to them for singles...

Love your books

Can you list all the books that you translated?

Love your books

200 isn't set in stone. There have been several signings where far less books than that have been subbed, it's just a matter of getting it approved beforehand.

why was I not told of this thread!!!
I thought you knew about this already. doh! It's been here a while. (thumbs u

Is that a second print?

Nope! Interesting that you would ask, though. This was the first Mexican variant ever to get a second print. And they told me it had not sold well when I translated it!

Wait wait wait!! :o Are you telling me....that YOU personally translated this??! :o

De pura casualidad...te llamas Gustavo Medina? el mismo Blogspot de comics de La Prensa?

Tienes que tomar mas atencion tio :) Creo que ya lo dice mas atras

IndiciaSMA15_zps9c71c2bc.jpg

Mental Overload in 5,4,3,2,1

Is that a second print?

Tienes que tomar mas atencion tio :) Creo que ya lo dice mas atras

Mental Overload in 5,4,3,2,1

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply AWESOME!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

tran.png

(worship) (worship)

I need to pay more attention

Did I mention that this is awesome????

supesvsspidey_zps25b34dae.jpg

This hard to find Mexican tabloid also has my credit as Jim Shooter and Marv Wolfman´s translator.

Youe best bet to do a Sig Series is go to a convention that Desert Wind is at and sing your own books in front of them and let them submit to CGC.

Love your books

Even a partial list would be helpful, we would probably need some time to be able to track down some books before we could make this happen.

Also, did you pencil and ink the story La Guerra de los Pasteles in Novelas Inmortales #449?

Is that a second print?

Ese mismo soy yo. y, sí, también le he enviado varios comics de Los Hombres-X al Blogspot de comics de La Prensa. ¿Tú también has publicado algo ahí?

Is that a second print?

Ese mismo soy yo. y, sí, también le he enviado varios comics de Los Hombres-X al Blogspot de comics de La Prensa. ¿Tú también has publicado algo ahí?

How amazing to have a former creator from Novaro visit this thread! :o

Welcome! :foryou: I agree a signing would be cool to do..... so many questions to ask as well my friend...... we have speculated so much when it comes to Novaro and the licensing process Gustavo. hm

Do you mind if I ask a couple questions about your time at Novaro/vid? hm

In the meantime, you will find this forum is a wonderful place to hang out.....

I must say this is freakin awesome sir! :o:o(worship)

Edited by Define999

Hulk 129 in Arabic

ArabicHulk129.png

Tec 401 in Arabic

ArabicTec401.png

Soon to be at my doorstep :D

Freakin nice shape for Arabic books too! :applause: Arabics are always soooo beat up.... these are very very very nice Hector! :cloud9:

Well.... that top left corner..... but still... :gossip:

Edited by Define999

Is that a second print?

No..lo he visto miles de veces..una vez quise poner mi libro de HombresX 1, firmado por Stan Lee y eslabonado, pero no recuerdo por que no lo hice....despues, realmente nunca se ocurrio poner cubiertas; posiblemente porque mis copias son eslabonadas..mucho gusto en conocerte! Me llamo Hector, y soy de la frontera mas fabulosa y bella del mundo...si..de Mexicali

Love your books

Even a partial list would be helpful, we would probably need some time to be able to track down some books before we could make this happen.

Also, did you pencil and ink the story La Guerra de los Pasteles in Novelas Inmortales #449?

I will try to put a list together. I translated more than 100 comics between (Batman, Spider-Man, FF and Spider-Woman), not all of which had my name on them. In many instances they would only credit the editor that proof read the translations (Remy Bastien).

Then again, ten years ago, I moved out of Mexico City and sold most of my collection. The comics that only listed my credit as G. Medina or not at all were sold and I only kept the ones that had my full credit. Those I can easily list.

I kept some of my payment receipts and if I find them, I will be able to get some numbers of other issues I translated.

Regarding Novelas Inmortales, I did indeed pencil and ink a five issue series for "La Guerra de Los Pasteles".

How about this cool variant on a variant?

b42ne_zps11f61878.jpg

Editorial Novaro owned the reproduction rights to all of DC´s characters for exploitation in Latin America and Spain, which at the time, meant that they would sell more copies than DC. This info was passed on to me by Novaro´s Editor in 1982.

So, when the Colombian printing house Epucol wanted to publish their own variants, they had to purchase the trabslated material from Novaro and reprint it adding their own logo.

How about this cool variant on a variant?

b42ne_zps11f61878.jpg

Editorial Novaro owned the reproduction rights to all of DC´s characters for exploitation in Latin America and Spain, which at the time, meant that they would sell more copies than DC. This info was passed on to me by Novaro´s Editor in 1982.

So, when the Colombian printing house Epucol wanted to publish their own variants, they had to purchase the trabslated material from Novaro and reprint it adding their own logo.

I don't suppose you know anyone with any of these lying around that would be willing to sell do you? lol