• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

It's hard for me to belive that the first of these books was submitted for grading in the begining of 2009.

Now, I can officially...like officially..say that I now own every single foreign edition and US reprint that has the cover to ASM 252. Today I received my 2012 French reprint "La Naissance de Venom (1/2)"......

22 ASM 252 books

ASM 252 Mini Promo book

ASM 252 Russian Bootleg

aaaand the German Spiderman 1/444 Blank with a Ron Frenz Recreation of ASM 252..

23/25 are graded SS ...totally stocked...This was my second completed project of a single book/cover, but by far, the most pimpest foreign "set" in existance !!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:applause:

Pics please!

I will have proper scans for all of them once I return from deployment...but, basically (in a rough manner I supposse), this is what how the set looks ...the russian book had thick cardstcock for all its pages, just translated scans from digital files on the net put together to make the book (not sure if it got an "NG" designation)...

252-1.png

russia252.png

Did you get the mini comic graded?

That is the only one that cannot be graded.....it is 1.5 inches...freagin impossible...I'd do it if I could, but you can't, that is why I waitied til the end to get it, the 2012 French, I procrastinated to get it...now I wish I had got it when it came out...

I´m not surprised it took that long. That´s really hardcore hunting and an awesome looking set.

The one in the pic is from Brazil Its a 2007 reprint so its very recent and even if you don´t have it, it should be very easy to get it

Check it here.

http://gibisclassicos.blogspot.pt/2011/10/homem-aranha-grandes-desafio-fac-simile.html

I knew it had to be one of those...even though I will now probably get it...it doesn't really feel like I am getting abother foreign edition, it feel more like a reprint of a reprint. France has a stuff like that for ASM 301 and for ASM 129, but it just doesnt have the same feel....but at this point, I guess I am a completist..thank you for busrting my bubble sir.... lol

Completist OCD, the hobby would be doomed without it :grin:

That 252 is actually an offer book that came with the # 1 of this collection translated as "Spider-Man biggest chalenges" printed by Panini in 2007.

Here is the complete collection:

http://www.guiadosquadrinhos.com/thumb.aspx?cod_tit=ho011102&esp=&total=2

The 252 book was offered with #1.

Yes, those are the ones I was talking about! I seen the french and german ones...I am hessitant about getting the "301"s.... I guess eventualy, I think...not sure, but I think they are hardcovers.

The Brazilian with the 301 cover is a soft TPB with 150 pages with 6 assorted stories with Venom so not sure it qualifies, but if both that 1 + the 252 were sold together, maybe you can get a good deal for both.

hm

yeah, but only if I could find someone who could help me.... hm

But who?? :blush:

The Brazilian with the 301 cover is a soft TPB with 150 pages with 6 assorted stories with Venom so not sure it qualifies, but if both that 1 + the 252 were sold together, maybe you can get a good deal for both.

hm

I believe that you would say "The chapulin Colorado" !!!!

Just because Hector thinks he's all that and a bag of chips, here's a link to the set that will someday show Hector who's boss :grin::whee:

Complete minus the Strange Album (currently in my possession but I traded it to Hector)

http://foreigncomicbooks.yolasite.com/amazing-spider-man-252.php

...here's a link to the set that will someday show Hector who's boss :grin::whee:

If yu can glab the lock, flom my hand yong glasshoppa....

you may indeed be ready to challenge....

...in a few more years..

:cool:

Lesson 1:

Yellow snow..is not snow :D

I believe that you would say "The chapulin Colorado" !!!!

I figured some one would know the reference to my childhood hero

...here's a link to the set that will someday show Hector who's boss :grin::whee:

If yu can glab the lock, flom my hand yong glasshoppa....

you may indeed be ready to challenge....

...in a few more years..

:cool:

Lesson 1:

Yellow snow..is not snow :D

Hector, you're from Mexico right? I know Liam is from Canada. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess he knows a whole lot more about snow than you do. lol