• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-What is you favorite Old School Console Video Game?

184 posts in this topic

My favorites are the D&D series from Intellivision, and the Baseball All Stars for NES. We'd get $ for wins to spend on players and have all sorts of league play. Of course, I sold a bunch of my comics to buy a sega genesis and Joe Montana football. I've got several of the old systems and games. Anyone have any carts to trade?

I fondly remember Sega Hockey '93, and before that, Blades of Steel on the NES. We used to run mini-tournaments in university....good old time hockey smile.gif

Sega Hockey 93 is the 2nd best video game ever made.

Sega Hockey 94 is the best.

These are my favorites for the various systems I've had-

Atari 2600-although I agree that Adventure rocked, I really liked Klax...very addictive and frustrating at once. Super Pitfall was very good also.

Intellivision-Disks of Tron. One of the best games ever. I played this once for two days straight with no sleep it was that good.

Commodore 64/128-Dino Eggs... probably nobody has heard of it but I played this for hours on end. I kept this system through the late 90's just for this game.

NES-Punch Out or Super Mario Bros. Great games for their era.

Super Nintento-Super Punch Out. No contest here... the best I have ever played on this console although Super Mario Kart was very good too.

Arcade-Bank Panic. Probably the ultimate test of reflexes and enemy recognition.

This brought back a lot of memories. I still have the NES and Super NES somewhere.

I'm a Nintendo Punch-Out nut too!

Except I love the original Coin-Op.

I can't find this on any system so I guess one day I'll just have to

step up to the plate and buy the orignal for $1,000.

Just nothing like the real thing! thumbsup2.gif

punchout.jpg

I'm a Nintendo Punch-Out nut too!

Except I love the original Coin-Op.

I can't find this on any system so I guess one day I'll just have to

step up to the plate and buy the orignal for $1,000.

Just nothing like the real thing! thumbsup2.gif

punchout.jpg

I am running that on my MAME system. 100% same game. Plus about 400 other games. I will try to up some picks...

I fondly remember Sega Hockey '93, and before that, Blades of Steel on the NES. We used to run mini-tournaments in university....good old time hockey smile.gif

I think Sega Hockey 94 was in 'Swingers'? I remember watching that and the feeling hit home :sniff: Funny thing is, I've played the newer EA/Sega versions, and they just don't feel the same.

I think Sega Hockey 94 was in 'Swingers'? I remember watching that and the feeling hit home :sniff: Funny thing is, I've played the newer EA/Sega versions, and they just don't feel the same.

Before Sega 94, I knew nothing about hockey. Now, I'm a season ticket holder of 5 years running. Game introduced me to the best sport on Earth =p All my friends as well.

Well to narrow it down to 1

Sigh..

I have to go with

Space Dungeon for Atari 5200

This was one of the first Dual/Multiplayer..co -op games I remember

My best bud and I would waste countless hours on this.

I would drive the ship.. he would blast our way outa danger.

Simple yet addictive.

The best recipe for an old school game.

My 2nd nod is Pitfall Harry ... loved it.

Sports was Tecmo Bowl for Genisis

For the old Atari 2600, I loved

Barnstormer (flying a bi-plane in and out of barns)

Pitfall (Where you were an adventurer and had to jump or swing your way over pits an crocs)

And of course - Asteroids

For NES the favs were

Tecmo Superbowl (from 91 I think?)

Mario Brothers (the original)

Donkey Kong

And I used to really love the hand held Coleco Football game... !

Mike Tyson's Punch-out!!, Super C (contra 2), Life Force, Contra, Gradius, Rush n Attack, and Ghosts and Goblins, in that order. thumbsup2.gif All for NES, natch wink.gif

Hmm.... and for colecovision... miner 2049er, Turbo, and Time Pilot. 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you miss a tackle, just run backwards to till you appear on the other side of the screen. grin.gif

Oh man, that is a kewl memory. I loved deking out the "backwards guy" and watch my player zoom by unscathed. Rinse and repeat. 27_laughing.gif

Actually, in terms of Sega Genesis games, that first Madden Footbal game was a real hoot. It had a feature where you could injure the QB, and then an ambulance would zoom onto the field, running over players and tossing them off the hood.

It was absolutely insane, and I remember playing 2-player All-Pro against the Cowboys, putting their QBs out in two successive plays to start the game, and the third-string sapper that came in (he was invulnerable at that point - no more QBs) could barely even throw the ball.

But let me tell you, I've never seen a guy take as much punishment. 27_laughing.gif

Two words...

Yar's Revenge!

893applaud-thumb.gif

yes! thumbsup2.gif

also loved Tetris, Bubble Bobble, Galaga, Xevious, Breakout

kids these days dont know great games until the play the classics

I loved Adventure too.

Who remembers "SUPERMAN" for the Atari 2600? A kiss from Lois Lane would solve your Kryptonite problems 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

To be honest, I was more fanatic with video games in the 80s than comic books. I had an Atari 2600, ColecoVision, Sega 16bit, SegaCD, Nintendo NES, Dreamcast and Playstation. My son has taken the flame with N64, PS2, Gamecube, etc.