• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect Extended Bidding

69 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I used the search function but couldn't narrow it. I had never bid on the Comic Connect Auctions before tonight, so I put in my bid within the last few moments and turn out to be the high bidder ..... but when the auction is supposed to end, it does not end. doh! It enters Extended Bidding :o Huh what is that? Well after a few more items I figure out that they have it RIGGED so that if there is a bid within the last minute or so the auction end resets to add 2 minutes :tonofbricks:

I actually did like 4 double takes because I couldn't believe it. I will post my impression of this tactic to bleed a stone in gremlins.

:censored::flamed:doh!:boo:meh:facepalm::insane::mad::ohnoez::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::tonofbricks:

So to recap: Heritage has the Juice :insane:; Comic link has the Paypal fee whatever they want to call it (tsk) and Comic Connect has Extended Bidding doh!

They need a puppet on a string gremlin

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I used the search function but couldn't narrow it. I had never bid on the Comic Connect Auctions before tonight, so I put in my bid within the last few moments and turn out to be the high bidder ..... but when the auction is supposed to end, it does not end. doh! It enters Extended Bidding :o Huh what is that? Well after a few more items I figure out that they have it RIGGED so that if there is a bid within the last minute or so the auction end resets to add 2 minutes :tonofbricks:

I actually did like 4 double takes because I couldn't believe it. I will post my impression of this tactic to bleed a stone in gremlins.

:censored::flamed:doh!:boo:meh:facepalm::insane::mad::ohnoez::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::tonofbricks:

So to recap: Heritage has the Juice :insane:; Comic link has the Paypal fee whatever they want to call it (tsk) and Comic Connect has Extended Bidding doh!

Pedigree encourages shill bidding, so, I guess, um, thats, a little better...

Look left and directly below your board name.

Look left and directly below your board name.

Very well played Timmay!

Silly noob.

Pedigree uses extended bidding as well.

Did you win?

Ya I won :grin: Sorry didn't know about Pedigree as I have never been on Doug's site; have an issue with his ability to hold any financial sum in escrow, plus the shill thing, plus the other stuff ......

I, for one, like the the extended bidding. Saves you from being sniped. Real life auctions end when the auctioneer gives last call, not at a set time.

Ya I like the Heritage live auction because of that. It was just one of those, Yess I won, er, uh, um, ah, huh ??? Moments

have an issue with his ability to hold any financial sum in escrow

hm

Silly noob.

Did you win?

Ya I won :grin: Sorry didn't know about Pedigree as I have never been on Doug's site; have an issue with his ability to hold any financial sum in escrow, plus the shill thing, plus the other stuff ......

Oh, no worries. I was just showing that extended bidding wasn't a new thing.

Understood.

(thumbs u

I never understood snipe bidding. I would sit there with another window open and try and time my bid. Then I found Esnipe and I will never bid again without it. It is über cheap and über easy to set up.

Even bidding on government cheese, you can afford the pennies it costs to use Esnipe. I don't understand the problem with it. Extending the auction is presented as a way to level the playing field, it's a ruse to allow the bids to increase as much as possible.

Silly noob.

Did you win?

Exactly.

That tells you all you need to know.

That's absurd, there is nothing inherently dishonest or fraudulent about extended bidding. If someone wants to shill or manipulate an auction, they can do it whether it's fixed ending or extended bidding. Neither is particularly better for shilling or manipulating.

Extended bidding replicates a live bidding process where the auction continues until no one else wants to bid. It also reduces sniping, which in my mind is a good thing.

I like an auction to end when it states.

I put in my highest bid at the last second and if its not good enough, well that's it.

Extended bidding always makes me go over my budget, especially if I have had a few and I normally have at the time these things end.

I know, you shouldn't drink and bid...I have paid way over the odds for some right old rubbish over the years. lol

Silly noob.

Did you win?

Exactly.

That's absurd, there is nothing inherently dishonest or fraudulent about extended bidding. If someone wants to shill or manipulate an auction, they can do it whether it's fixed ending or extended bidding. Neither is particularly better for shilling or manipulating.

Extended bidding replicates a live bidding process where the auction continues until no one else wants to bid. It also reduces sniping, which in my mind is a good thing.

It is a better option for a seller, as it generally helps to achieve higher prices.

Which is why Pedigree use it.

Which was my point.

Silly noob.

Did you win?

Exactly.

It is a better option for a seller, as it generally helps to achieve higher prices.

Which is why Pedigree use it.

Which was my point.

Nick, as CC uses it, should one assume improper bidding there as well ? Personally, I don't like it. I prefer the ebay, CL method.