• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCCOMICON 2012 - November 17th and 18th!!!

96 posts in this topic

Honestly I was shocked at how crowded the convention was.

Seeing the lines and struggling to get up and down the aisles really didn't bother me, kinda made me smile actually...reminded me of being at HeroesCon lol

The amount of cosplayers and the general madness that was going on really had the Convention rocking. It was great chatting with artist Randy Green again and seeing Frank Cho do his magic :applause:

Introduced myself to a few people including Wally but didn't get to chat long..was busy doing his thing (worship)

Got some blank covers and some sketches for my kids. Overall had a very good day.

Seems like the change of location was a winner...the outlet mall setup of the past didn't really do it for me. Hopefully next year Nc Con can continue to grow.

I heard folks say they had to wait in line an hour just to get into the convention hall. One of the event staff said early Saturday that they were expecting maybe 1,000 people, but there were already over 3,000 and it was only 1pm. Lots of folks in costumes and a great atmosphere!

Other than maybe Wally's booth and 1 more dealer (and maybe some of Rick's stuff), the Golden Age comics were pretty much non-existent. I was really disappointed with the actual turnout of golden age dealers. Granted much of the convention caters to younger folks and modern comics/art, but I would have been real interested to see some quality GA comics. Good thing I got my GA hook-up on Friday night instead. Thanks Tyler!

Overall, a great event. I'm already looking forward to next year. Maybe a bigger convention hall next time :baiting:

I didnt make it but spoke to several folks who did. It was two of my friends first con and i had a few customers that went. All gave great feedback other than the line to get in.

Its so nice to see this show growing so quickly.

Holy SH*T!!!......what a show

They're going to have to move it again to find another venue that can hold the crowds. The Durham Convention Center is actually just a large hotel ballroom and it can't handle the large number of people at this show.

I heard attendance was over 4500 this year which totally blows away the 2500 or so they're had the past two years at the mall. It was so crowded it took some people hours just to get registered and get into the room.

The convention center forced them to stop selling tickets both days for a half hour or so because of excess crowds.

Had a fantastic buying and selling show. Will definitely be going back next year.

Had a fantastic board dinner again at the Cuban Revolution. Thanks so much to Wally and Tyler for doing a great job organizing this.

Introduced myself to a few people including Wally but didn't get to chat long..was busy doing his thing (worship)

You should have made it to the board dinner, we laugh and joked over many beers

over great chow.

I didn't mean to be short, but when I'm in the zone...

:cloud9:

You should have made it to the board dinner, we laugh and joked over many beers

over great chow.

I didn't mean to be short, but when I'm in the zone...

:cloud9:

lol no prob maybe I can make it next year (thumbs u