• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #94 CGC 9.4 Prices?

63 posts in this topic

If you go back through some of the forums (say 5-6 years ago) there was a notion, true at the time, that X-Men 94 was tougher than GSX 1. The census led credibility to this argument and for a time, say 18 months to 2 years there was a real upswing in prices. Buuuuuut as other people have posted in this thread, supply started to catch up, copies began to get 'the treatment' and the prices have correspondingly come down.

Very traditional market forces at play in regard to X-Men 94. In my personal instance I was lucky enough to resist the temptation to upgrade my 8.5 copy when 9.2s and up were :insane: and I will probably pick up a 9.4 this year where in the mid-2000s I was looking at a 9.0 or 9.2.

2c

Do you guys think prices will continue to drop or has the book reached a plateau?

Personally, I've seen alot of 9.2 and 9.4s with a disturbing amount of spine ticks lately.

Do you guys think prices will continue to drop or has the book reached a plateau?

Personally, I've seen alot of 9.2 and 9.4s with a disturbing amount of spine ticks lately.

As long as the pressers continue to ruin the value of true high grade books,see this and many other books values dropping. :tonofbricks:

Nor am I. I was entranced with obtaining all Bronze Age #1s in the highest CGC grade that i could reasonably afford. After careful observation of the market, that became less and less appealing. lol

That is my observation too. A friend of mine told me he believes issue 94 gets a bump up from CGC because its so difficult to fine issues without any spine ticks.

I've seen 9.6's that, in my opinion, have more spine ticks than they should have.

I didn't realize the recent drop in value. Does anyone have Census numbers for 9.8, 9.6's?

That is my observation too. A friend of mine told me he believes issue 94 gets a bump up from CGC because its so difficult to fine issues without any spine ticks.

I've seen 9.6's that, in my opinion, have more spine ticks than they should have.

I didn't realize the recent drop in value. Does anyone have Census numbers for 9.8, 9.6's?

13 9.8's

57 9.6's

136 9.4's

(thumbs u

13 9.8's

57 9.6's

136 9.4's

(thumbs u

Thanks! Only 13 9.8's out there and a 20k price drop? huh? :o

13 9.8's

57 9.6's

136 9.4's

(thumbs u

It seems like the 2nd 9.8 of any big book incurs an immediate, big loss. I can see 13 copies in 9.8 causing a 2/3 value drop. One could project that with 25 copies it's only a 3 or 4K book.

13 9.8's

57 9.6's

136 9.4's

(thumbs u

It seems like the 2nd 9.8 of any big book incurs an immediate, big loss. I can see 13 copies in 9.8 causing a 2/3 value drop. One could project that with 25 copies it's only a 3 or 4K book.

OK I'm new to assessing the fair value. In hindsight what you says makes a lot of sense thanks!

13 9.8's

57 9.6's

136 9.4's

(thumbs u

+1

13 is a LOT in my book! Especially considering how many 9.6's there are. As popular as the X-men are/were, theres still only so many BSD's looking for a 9.8 copy when you can get a beauty 9.6 for 1/5th or so the price (thumbs u

13 9.8's

57 9.6's

136 9.4's

(thumbs u

+1

13 is a LOT in my book! Especially considering how many 9.6's there are. As popular as the X-men are/were, theres still only so many BSD's looking for a 9.8 copy when you can get a beauty 9.6 for 1/5th or so the price (thumbs u

I hear yah. Unfortunately if the raw copy I have grades out as a 9.8 I'm not helping the fair market value. :whistle: