• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Night of the Owls

18 posts in this topic

I didn't see a thread made for the upcoming "Night of the Owls" storyline.

I just finished reading Batman #8 and Nightwing #8. I really enjoyed both of them. I haven't enjoyed reading the Bat-titles this much in 10 years. I like the directions they are taking with the stories and I am looking forward to the next few months of reading.

What say you?

Batman has been my favorite read since #1. My LCS shop owner put nightwing in my pull cause he thought I might like it. I left it in my pull to decide if I want it. But batman #8 has me salivating for more

It's good to hear the positive reviews. I was actually thinking about dropping Batman, between the price increase (I know, just a buck, but....!) and the feeling that the overall storyline is starting to drag on a bit. Maybe I'll keep reading for another issue or two and see how it goes.

Batman is a great title right now.

What bothers me is this: DC has had great success with the new 52. Lapsed collectors have come back. Sales are up. My suspicion is that the new start represented an opportunity for fans to read unencumbered storylines. So what does DC do? Another PITA crossover after all of 8 months. rantrant

Batman is a great title right now.

What bothers me is this: DC has had great success with the new 52. Lapsed collectors have come back. Sales are up. My suspicion is that the new start represented an opportunity for fans to read unencumbered storylines. So what does DC do? Another PITA crossover after all of 8 months. rantrant

At first, I was thinking the same thing. You can ask Rick (G.A.tor). I told him it annoyed me in the store today. I, for the most part, hate crossovers.

I only subscribe to Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Batman and Robin and Dark Knight. He tried to talk me into adding the crossover titles when I was in there and I said no.

After reading the beginning, I might be getting him to hold the next couple of months of the others for me.

Story is pretty good so far. I picked up Red Hood as well and the last few pages are part of the cross over. There is a really nice scene between Tim and Jason that takes place during a flash back.

If you want a little back story read Gates of Gotham by Snyder and Higgins. It makes that Nightwing issue extra special.
How so?

I don't want to spoil anything, it details all of the people involved in the flash back is about all I can say.

Snyder's Batman is the best Batman I've read in 20+ years. I'm not going to go overboard and pick up all the crossover/tiein books, but that doesn't mean that I'm upset that they are doing something of this nature. I hope that Snyder keeps up the good work, that the new creative team on the Dark Knight does a better job than the first group and the rest of the bat books can keep up with Snyder's legendary run. I am a little shocked that there isn't more collector interest in Damian. I like the little psychopath's character and the stories he's generated and I hope he's here to stay. What does everyone else think?

I read Batman and thats it. I picked up Nightwing since it sold out. Dont think it really advanced the story. I may have to reread it.

Dont know if I want to pick up 6-8 books a month just for one storyline.

Just finished reading Detective Comics #9 and Batwing #9 (I picked this one up for the tie-in to Night of the Owls)

I must say neither of these disappointed. I really dig this storyline and I think they brought Batwing from Africa to Gotham in a clever way. Two more great additions to the Night of the Owls story.