• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MILE HIGH COMICS

77 posts in this topic

I need someone to feed me frozen grapes while I am doing boring paperwork and trolling the Boards. Not to smash them or drop them. Just a good semi-regular placing of the frozen grapes in my mouth, in response to my opening my mouth, indicating that i desire a frozen grape.

A man of simple yet compelling aspirations.

I just got Tuptxted that you actually have "Welcome to Jamaica, have a nice day!" tattooed on your King Ding Dong.

I have the Preamble on the other side. :gossip:

I need someone to feed me frozen grapes while I am doing boring paperwork and trolling the Boards. Not to smash them or drop them. Just a good semi-regular placing of the frozen grapes in my mouth, in response to my opening my mouth, indicating that i desire a frozen grape.

I think I could convince my girlfriend to take that job for 80K a year, plus benefits. She's hot and has tattoos, it would be totally worth it to you.

current mile high discount code

50% off MADNESS!

I ordered a half dozen "NM" books from them a few weeks ago. Every book was overgraded not just a little, but the majority were 7.0-8.0.

A big change from the order I placed a few months ago where all of their NM books were 9.6-9.8s.

50% off MADNESS!

I ordered a half dozen "NM" books from them a few weeks ago. Every book was overgraded not just a little, but the majority were 7.0-8.0.

A big change from the order I placed a few months ago where all of their NM books were 9.6-9.8s.

I think it would help their grades a lot if they bagged and boarded their NM moderns. I usually order once or twice a year and every single time 60-70% of the order is unboarded and at least 5 of the books are not even in bags. I usually order books I intend to CGC so i'm buying quantities of 10-15 of the same book, on 4-5 titles. It gets depressing when the box arrives and I open in up to find an unbagged book with a ripped cover due to a bagged and boarded book laying on top sticking and then moving during transit.

You should experience a Ding Dong shoved in your mouth

No 41 year old man should ever have that typed at him.

I'm not big on conforming to society.

Do you have a lot of tats and body piercings? hm

None of either. ^^

Conformist :whatev:

Have you seen the number of people doing it lately and under the pressure of society and their peers?

The fact that I hold out makes me the rebel. :headbang:

True, but you're old enough to have lived during the time when it was cool and rebellious :baiting:

You should experience a Ding Dong shoved in your mouth

No 41 year old man should ever have that typed at him.

I'm not big on conforming to society.

Do you have a lot of tats and body piercings? hm

None of either. ^^

Conformist :whatev:

Have you seen the number of people doing it lately and under the pressure of society and their peers?

The fact that I hold out makes me the rebel. :headbang:

True, but you're old enough to have lived during the time when it was cool and rebellious :baiting:

I don't care what you say, but a 44 year old guy getting a tat or pierced just screams dumb .

I don't think a bag would help the 3" crease on the BC. :(

Eat a Ding Dong you'll feel better.

You guys really do like my Ding Dong.

I feel so loved. :cloud9:

I don't think a bag would help the 3" crease on the BC. :(

Eat a Ding Dong you'll feel better.

You guys really do like my Ding Dong.

I feel so loved. :cloud9:

Well I don't NOT like it.

50% off MADNESS!

I will be sure to order Youngbloods with it. Thanks

I just hope they come back from Chuck cgc 9.8 hm

Youngblood #1 only $2.50 before the discount code I am sure some 9.8 would show up if you order a handful or two

I've often used MHC. It's helped me fill the gaps in my collection since I got back into the hobby.

I've had comics come under-graded, as graded and over-graded, which generally doesn't surprise me given that there is lots of wiggle room grading-wise with just having a NM category followed by a VF one etc. I guess because I'm purchasing with that in mind it's OK. My expecation is lowered therfore it's much harder to be disappointed.

I have really eased back buying from them over the last 6 months now that they seem to have massively inflated the base prices. After sales discount it really just seems to bring the comics back down to what you would have expected to pay. Kind of just seems like a very transparent sales/marketing ploy, but that might just be my interpretation. Are MH comics ever not on sale?

The attractive thing with reagrd to MHC down here in Australia has been the free international shipping. I often see comics I would love to buy on eBay, but the shipping fees are often as much as the comic. I'm not talking about key, expensive comics necessarily, just ones I would like to have in my collection that I can't get locally.

I know this is off topic but has anyone noticed the standards of both mycomicshop and Mile High have slipped considerably?

I've nearly given up on both of them because their NM copies are lucky to be VF+ at best. I'd rather by on the boards or take my chances with Feebay

I know this is off topic but has anyone noticed the standards of both mycomicshop and Mile High have slipped considerably?
Not particularly. Mile High have been consistently inconsistent over the years...

(thumbs u He needs to lower his prices and hire people who can grade to build up his rep,news stated he is going bankrupt.Which doesn't really surprise me,he's more into his tattoos and pottery than comics now. doh!

news stated he is going bankrupt.Which doesn't really surprise me,he's more into his tattoos and pottery than comics now. doh!

That's why I wanted a link to the article - just some insight into why his business model is falling apart now, after having worked for over three decades. Nothing more than idle curiosity, really. (shrug)

news stated he is going bankrupt.Which doesn't really surprise me,he's more into his tattoos and pottery than comics now. doh!

That's why I wanted a link to the article - just some insight into why his business model is falling apart now, after having worked for over three decades. Nothing more than idle curiosity, really. (shrug)

That collection he bought back in ' 77 may have had something to do with it.