• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 100 - Guess the Print Run!

354 posts in this topic

1 week and I have presold over 150 sets on Ebay. (THANK YOU ROBERT KIRKMAN!!) I have recieved payments from all but maybe 15 sets.Out of me and 3 other guys on there selling the same package deal (9 of the 10 different covers...1:200 is the 10th and not included) ...I know we have presold atleast 500 sets. Maybe 15 of my orders were for more than 1 set. About 20 sets total from buyers outside of the USA. And the Diamond Previews catalog hasn't even shipped. Once it gets in the hands of all the other dealers and then to the customers who knows what will happen! So almost 5000 copies total from just us 4 guys....this issue is gonna have a monster print run.

Considering it's not shipping for almost 3 months, keeping track of all those orders will probably be a PINTA. I'll talk to one of my LCS owners on Wednesday about this. Maybe I can cut a deal.

I'm seeing about 135000-140000 for the regular covers, but that averages out to about 18000/cover if ordered equally.

Anybody going to presell a 9.8 CGC set?

1 week and I have presold over 150 sets on Ebay. (THANK YOU ROBERT KIRKMAN!!) I have recieved payments from all but maybe 15 sets.Out of me and 3 other guys on there selling the same package deal (9 of the 10 different covers...1:200 is the 10th and not included) ...I know we have presold atleast 500 sets. Maybe 15 of my orders were for more than 1 set. About 20 sets total from buyers outside of the USA. And the Diamond Previews catalog hasn't even shipped. Once it gets in the hands of all the other dealers and then to the customers who knows what will happen! So almost 5000 copies total from just us 4 guys....this issue is gonna have a monster print run.

Considering it's not shipping for almost 3 months, keeping track of all those orders will probably be a PINTA.

Not to mention that it's totally against eBay rules which only allow you to presell items that are shipping within 30 days :ohnoez:

Considering it's not shipping for almost 3 months, keeping track of all those orders will probably be a PINTA.

Not to mention that it's totally against eBay rules which only allow you to presell items that are shipping within 30 days :ohnoez:

Ditto, whats up with that! :ohnoez:

Yep... and when ebay closes down those "pre-orders" sales, they email each and every ebay member who purchased to tell them that the sales are not valid. I'm certain Paypal will have some choice words as well for the seller, as they hold those payments and refund all that money.

Good Times. (thumbs u

One thing you have to remember, for all the sets you're selling, that's less people going to LCS's to buy copies

Or the fact that all that work amounts to next to no profit. Whatever floats your boat.

Not true. You can pre sell enough sets to get the incentive free. And the pre sell sets are selling at the same price I can buy them for. So while you don't make much on the books, you will on the incentive.

Or the fact that all that work amounts to next to no profit. Whatever floats your boat.

Not true. You can pre sell enough sets to get the incentive free. And the pre sell sets are selling at the same price I can buy them for. So while you don't make much on the books, you will on the incentive.

Not with the amount of incentives they're talking about. What would you think the hourly wage works out to? This is all assuming nobody else does this as well.

Not with the amount of incentives they're talking about. What would you think the hourly wage works out to? This is all assuming nobody else does this as well.

Isn't this exactly what you yourself are trying to do by offering sets of all 9 covers here on the boards for $25/set...?

Actually I was asked by a few boardies and made the offer. There is no grand plan. I have done something similar in the past to what these guys are doing. I have no desire to sell the quantity that they are talking about. We can go over the math if it won't bore most to tears. I understand that it may appear to be a great plan but these guys alone made the incentive have a higher print run than #94 BW or #81 Comicspro. You can see the price of those 2 books and decide if it's worth your time.

The incentive will fetch $200 on the low end. $350 on the high imho. $200 is a great profit and it doesn't have to be as much work as thought. 25 sets gets u a variant. Shipping that many takes time, yes. But i'll spend one hour wrapping that many sets for $200 at least.

Also, the 81 and 94 variants had no where near the anticipation that #100 will have.

The incentive will fetch $200 on the low end. $350 on the high imho. $200 is a great profit and it doesn't have to be as much work as thought. 25 sets gets u a variant. Shipping that many takes time, yes. But i'll spend one hour wrapping that many sets for $200 at least.

So the number of collectors is suddenly going to quadruple while the show is off air? Not to mention they are losing a little bit on each set. By the time they sell every incentive they won't be selling for nearly that much. To package and ship 25 sets will take much longer than 1 hour. There are very likely others doing the same as these guys. There are also a number of headaches to deal with over the next 3 months including keeping that many people patient. Anyone including myself can approach 100 in this way and i wouldn't recommend it. The apparent "profit" you mention isn't worth my time. We can agree to disagree and wait and see. :popcorn:

Making money preselling these sets on Ebay is over. The presell to make money window lasts for about 1-2 weeks and closes fast once everybody and their brother wants to try and get the incentives for free. Branget...you coming up here on these boards selling sets for $25 is not justifiable no matter how many you planned on selling..be it 1 or 50. I didn't sell 1 set under $31.50. So a $8-$9 profit on a $21 investment I will take all day long! I have been in business selling comics for 19 years. Been selling on Ebay since 1997. I can pack up 9 comics in about 2 minutes. So 25-30 sets would take about an hour...The 1:200 incentive could sell for cover price and I'd still be making good money.

This thread started as thread about print runs. I was giving an insight as a dealer as to how the numbers were coming in. How there were people from outside of the United States showing heavy interest and putting in orders. But as usual,the thread gets derailed into something else.

But hey,whatever floats your boat.