• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

Looks as though the X-O #1 2nd print was pretty scarce. I hear it was allocated.I got 20 copies...everyone of them crushed on one corner,and Diamond couldn't replace any. Already pulling $20 on Ebay.

:ohm DAMN!

X-O # 2's rarer than Rai # 3!! Quick! Hoard it!

Huh...the local Hastings has stacks of everything. XO 1,2 Harby 1,2 Bloodshot 1...nothing has sold out.

Haven't been in the LCS but they ordered heavy and probably have all of it as well.

My LCS only ordered about 5 of each (including variants of each) after pull lists 1-2 might have hit the self for sale and they were sold out by mid day :cry: If I can't find the ones I need in the conditions I want i'll have to seriously have to start looking at ebay.

Huh...the local Hastings has stacks of everything. XO 1,2 Harby 1,2 Bloodshot 1...nothing has sold out.

Haven't been in the LCS but they ordered heavy and probably have all of it as well.

My LCS only ordered about 5 of each (including variants of each) after pull lists 1-2 might have hit the self for sale and they were sold out by mid day :cry: If I can't find the ones I need in the conditions I want i'll have to seriously have to start looking at ebay.

Our area is the same. Some LCSs were confident in the books and ordered heavily. Most took little chance, and covered files plus a couple shelf copies.

Just finished reading issue #1 and must admit I enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to continuing this series.

Finished X-O #1? Grab X-O #2 now and #3 on Wednesday.

You don't have to wait like the rest of us did. :grin:

I really don't get the "feeling" that anything's going to happen with these books. I'm enjoying them and betting there'll be a resurgence in the original series.

The 1:20 books might settle around $20 and the 1:50 books might settle around $50...

but every copy (including the regular editions) has been good (so far) between the covers,

and that's the main thing that Valiant fans have been waiting for.

(thumbs u

The 1:20 books might settle around $20 and the 1:50 books might settle around $50...

but every copy (including the regular editions) has been good (so far) between the covers,

and that's the main thing that Valiant fans have been waiting for.

(thumbs u

^^

It's a dream come true!

I really don't get the "feeling" that anything's going to happen with these books. I'm enjoying them and betting there'll be a resurgence in the original series.

Umm...yeah. Me neither. My quote above was sarcasm.

X-O was my favorite Valiant character.

But even Greg's quotes on the variants seem mad optimistic, as history shows that nearly every incentive variant of the last 20 years has settled far below $20 for 1:10s and $50 for 1:50s.

I'd say 15 months from now the 1:10s will be $6-$8 and the the 1:50s will be $20-$30. That's pretty much how these things have gone long after the hype wears off.

Heck, technically the Gold Turok # 1s were 1:350, and 20 years on I don't see folks lining up to pay $50 for those (raw, at least).

But even Greg's quotes on the variants seem mad optimistic, as history shows that nearly every incentive variant of the last 20 years has settled far below $20 for 1:10s and $50 for 1:50s.

I'd say 15 months from now the 1:20s will be $6-$8 and the the 1:50s will be $20-$30. That's pretty much how these things have gone long after the hype wears off.

Heck, technically the Gold Turok # 1s were 1:350, and 20 years on I don't see folks lining up to pay $50 for those (raw, at least).

I think the difference is the number that exist.

When Marvel or DC does a 1:20 on a book with 100,000 copies, they've created 5,000 of them.

So far, Valiant's 1:20 and 1:50 books are around 2,000 copies, some under 1,000 copies.

Given that Valiant 1990s books with print runs under 5,000 copies are still often $20 to $100,

it's not unlikely that new Valiant books under 2,000 copies will maintain a $20 value.

At the point when Valiant variants are significantly above 2,000 copies each,

I'd agree that the values probably won't sustain a $20 standard...

until then, it would be very unlikely that they're $6 to $8 unless they're below near mint,

or maybe possible if the seller is also charging $7 to $10 for shipping.

My guess is that it will always cost at least $10-$12 to purchase near mint 1:20 variants of anything released thus far...

which includes shipping costs because you don't have the book if you don't also pay to receive it.

If they're under $10 shipped, let's just say I'll quickly have a longbox of them.