• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vienna Comic Convention pics with Avengers/Thor/IM OA

13 posts in this topic

Here are some pictures from yesterdays Vienna Comic Convention, more pics will follow.

myconsol.net

When you are on this site, click on the link "Bilder vom Sonntag" below the big teaser text. These are not the best pics, I hope the "official" ones will be better.

vienna.at

The Avengers movie starts this thursday in Austrian cinemas, that's why Disney brought 500 movie posters for free giveaways and a photo corner with standees to the convention. I decided it was time for another little comic exhibition like the one I did with Captain America last year. Had some help from two other Original art collectors with some amazing art. It was again a very small corner with comics and art, but it was the first time those key books could be looked at in public in Austria. We don't have dealers like you in the USA who bring such books to every convention. So this was something special for many collectors.

av1.jpg

av2.jpg

av3.jpg

av4.jpg

av5.jpg

av6.jpg

av7.jpg

waspwidow.jpg

Cool stuff!

I recognize that Iron Man #14 cover...I bought it from Heritage many years ago and sold it to a collector in Vienna...must be the same owner. It's even in the frame I put it in about seven years ago!

:cloud9:

Dan

Cool stuff!

I recognize that Iron Man #14 cover...I bought it from Heritage many years ago and sold it to a collector in Vienna...must be the same owner. It's even in the frame I put it in about seven years ago!

:cloud9:

Dan

Hey, that's great. After so many years you see it again.

I love that Iron man #14 cover. What would that art go for? $100k?

Probably more like 8K - 10K. I believe the cover is by Johnny Craig and Iron Man's head being turned doesn't help either. These were 5K+ covers a few years ago but I don't think the market has really exploded on them due to the cover artists.

The Avengers cover is a differennt story. Was it for sale? That's probably a 25K+ cover.

I love that Iron man #14 cover. What would that art go for? $100k?

Probably more like 8K - 10K. I believe the cover is by Johnny Craig and Iron Man's head being turned doesn't help either. These were 5K+ covers a few years ago but I don't think the market has really exploded on them due to the cover artists.

The Avengers cover is a differennt story. Was it for sale? That's probably a 25K+ cover.

No, the Avengers cover wasn't for sale.

Here are more pics from the con: Style.at