• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Dredd movie gets a R-rating.

26 posts in this topic

Umm...the Stallone version was Rated R 15 years ago. Didn't help it much.

I think it's going to help maintain the potential for ultra-violence that we have come to know and love about Dredd. Can you imagine how toned down it would be with a PG-13 rating? I can't even get vampire tltties in Twilight movies with a PG13 rating, for cripes sake.

The early, classic stories were not so much about ultra-violence. I'd prefer to see something inspired by that era.

Ultra-violence is probably what we'll get though.

I think it's going to help maintain the potential for ultra-violence that we have come to know and love about Dredd. Can you imagine how toned down it would be with a PG-13 rating? I can't even get vampire tltties in Twilight movies with a PG13 rating, for cripes sake.

Heck, I'd settle for vampires, can't even get that in the Twilight series

The early, classic stories were not so much about ultra-violence. I'd prefer to see something inspired by that era.

I'm hoping for lots of examples of Dredd not having to resort to violence because his rep goes before him... at least it should

I liked the Fleetway/Quality Comics Dredd books - I'm sure it was a departure from 2000AD. I bought them off the newsstand at that time when I was in my 20s - so that's probably why they resonate with me.