• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albuquerque Comic Expo June 8-10

57 posts in this topic

I thought the Expo was great! Here are the handful of snaps I took. Anyone get a picture of the blonde supergirl that was causing mass hysteria on Saturday? I literally saw dealers grab their cameras and abondon their booths to chase her and try to get a picture. Wife, and good sense, prevented me from getting her picture. :devil:

Adam Baldwin is a class act who seemed to be having a genuine good time greeting all of his fans. I mentioned I was a big fan of his work on Chuck and that got a happy smile and he looked a little surprised. I think everyone was concentrating on Firefly so my Chuck comment took him off-guard.

Same goes for Stan Lee who seemed insanely energetic and funny. I had Stan sign my Captain America Comics #27 and he appeared very surprised and happy to do so.

I collect primarily Golden Age so I was happy to see quite a bit on display. I almost bought a Marvel Mystery Comics #2 but I couldn't get past the brittle pages. The price was really good but brittle is just a real deal breaker for me.

All Winners #1, Captain America #5 (2 copies), #9, #28, #42, #45, #48, Amazing Comics #1, a dozen Marvel Mystery Comics, Mystic #3, Daring #5, Human Torch #6, a handful of higher number Sub-Mariner Comics, and a half dozen or so Kid Komics were some of the Timelys on display. I didn't see any U.S.A. Comics or All Select.

On the D.C. side of things there were a couple of dozen low number Action comics, Superman #6 and #8, a restored (EP) Detective #34 which was amazingly cool, and a good number of Adventure Comics.

There were some mid and low grade Disney Keys like F.C. #386 (Uncle Scrooge #1) and Four Color #62 but I didn't see any high grade. Some nice Silver Steaks were in evidence, sorry didn't get issue numbers, and a nice copy of Target Comics #7 stood out at one booth.

I had a lot of fun looking around and deciding on the one G.A. comic I was going home with:

cap_america_9_front.jpg

Big shout-out to Terry's Comics who was willing to cut a deal on this great book!

127116.jpg.955fe33d5aabd8955fa7ab02539c4e07.jpg

127117.jpg.c212189b232c49b456b504c627385334.jpg

127118.jpg.91c963f5c203afb3c5e3ee4abb2fbd69.jpg

127119.jpg.cf4e2d8452e4d0ba18ad71093e997be5.jpg

I thought the Expo was great! Here are the handful of snaps I took. Anyone get a picture of the blonde supergirl power girl that was causing mass hysteria on Saturday? I literally saw dealers grab their cameras and abondon their booths to chase her and try to get a picture. Wife, and good sense, prevented me from getting her picture. :devil:

On a whim I looked around today and found this picture of Power Girl! I'd just like to say :applause:

127739.jpg.e6a250e546a903a50358e863c028bd15.jpg