• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll - Grading notes vs Ads

Grading Notes VS Ads  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Grading Notes VS Ads

14 posts in this topic

Since I don't submit comics and have hardly ever asked for notes, I'd rather they charged for them. It's still ridiculous though. Maybe $15/yr. for unlimited access via a simple web interface/web service would be okay, but $30 per comic? Crazy talk.

I believe CGC will eventually offer two types of encasing: standard and premium and the one I really think will come around first is a "premium" grader option, where you pay extra for a "master" grader to grade your book. Just like they do with tech support - you get crappy, free service or you pay a subscription fee to get one-on-one, quick service.

Paying for grader's notes and for "fast track" is just the tip of the iceberg.

9416101.jpg

I believe CGC will eventually offer two types of encasing: standard and premium and the one I really think will come around first is a "premium" grader option, where you pay extra for a "master" grader to grade your book. Just like they do with tech support - you get crappy, free service or you pay a subscription fee to get one-on-one, quick service.

9416101.jpg

Thank you for your submission. We will consider your idea to have different quality grading for different pricing tiers.

I'd have less of a problem with all the money-grabbing if they were on time with their turnarounds. Hopefully this additional revenue will go towards hiring some additional staff (graders).

9416101.jpg

Thank you for your submission. We will consider your idea to have different quality grading for different pricing tiers.

CGC is like any other business. It exists to fleece it's expanding customer base for maximum profits, because those customers have shown they'd pay any price or wait any length of time for the product. I don't blame them one bit. They have a sellable commodity - and their only competition is a shady, incompetent, inaccurate company that can only be making money off people who have never heard of PGX. If I had the same opportunity to beat my customers out of more money, I'd do it in a flat minute and get myself a new Porsche.

Not possible if they want to maintain integrity of their grading services. One system of three graders under one roof with total quality control. Same reason they will not open up satellite offices. On-site grading at shows is the one anomaly I always questioned.

Not possible if they want to maintain integrity of their grading services. One system of three graders under one roof with total quality control. Same reason they will not open up satellite offices. On-site grading at shows is the one anomaly I always questioned.

Too late. The Ideas Committee has already taken it under advisement.