• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*THREAD CLOSED* TOS 64 CGC 9.2, Secrets of the Comics CGC 7.5

22 posts in this topic

Secrets Behind the Comics (1947) by Stan Lee. nn

CGC 7.5 off-white to white pages

Highest CGC Graded Blue Label (there is a higher graded yellow label)

PRICE: $750 OFF TO OTHER PLACES TO SELL

Description:

Secrets Behind the Comics by Stan Lee (1947) was published by Famous Enterprises Inc. Written by Stan Lee with illustrations by Ken Bald. This book was published after Stan Lee wrote an article for Writer's Digest on the same subject matter. Though not the first book of its kind, Secrets Behind the Comics was a wonderful source of material to help inspiring young writers and artists to break into the comic book industry and has been reprinted and updated several times. Features a profile on Syd Shores and his creation the Blonde Phantom. It also includes profiles on Mike Sekowsky, Basil Wolverton, Al Jaffee and Martin Goodman. One of the gems of this book is a detailed description of how Captain America was created. 100 pages, B&W, card-stock paper, 5.5-in. x 8.5-in.

This is a unique bit of comics history that you don't see that often. Very little sales data but crappy copies often sell for $200-$400. I've got this priced to sell. Great candidate for Stan Lee sig series.

Tales of Suspense 39

Raw 2.0

PRICE: $980 SOLD!

Solid lower grade copy. Looks and presents well with mostly overall general wear including light creasing, edge wear, some light tracing on the cover, a chip here and there, but no major flaws. Back cover has a big tear and small piece out of top (see detailed photos below). Staples are tight at centerfold. No coupons cut or missing pages. Nice solid book!!

Your right that would certainly make a great Stan SS book. To be fair it's the 1st one I've seen. Great looking book

Thanks--it's a very cool bit of comics history. And seriously, they are usually pretty worn. This was the best one I've ever seen and every other copy I've seen has been 4.0-ish.

Your right that would certainly make a great Stan SS book. To be fair it's the 1st one I've seen. Great looking book

Thanks--it's a very cool bit of comics history. And seriously, they are usually pretty worn. This was the best one I've ever seen and every other copy I've seen has been 4.0-ish.

Yeah it's the only blue label on the census. The other 2 are yellow label but only 1 grades higher than your copy. So a nice rare copy, wish I'd had it for when I met stan at LSCC. GLWTS

Yeah it's the only blue label on the census. The other 2 are yellow label but only 1 grades higher than your copy. So a nice rare copy, wish I'd had it for when I met stan at LSCC. GLWTS

Oh thanks for letting me know -- hadn't realized one was higher. I'll revise the listing.

-Steve

Oh thanks for letting me know -- hadn't realized one was higher. I'll revise the listing.

-Steve

Sorry Steve, my comment was not meant to correct you in anyway, quite the opposite as I think it's a great book. It is the highest graded and only blue label, yellow labels not included. I feel terrible now :blush:

-Steve

Sorry Steve, my comment was not meant to correct you in anyway, quite the opposite as I think it's a great book. It is the highest graded and only blue label, yellow labels not included. I feel terrible now :blush:

No offense taken! I like being accurate so I appreciate it! :foryou:

PRICE: $750

Description:

Secrets Behind the Comics by Stan Lee (1947) was published by Famous Enterprises Inc. Written by Stan Lee with illustrations by Ken Bald. This book was published after Stan Lee wrote an article for Writer's Digest on the same subject matter. Though not the first book of its kind, Secrets Behind the Comics was a wonderful source of material to help inspiring young writers and artists to break into the comic book industry and has been reprinted and updated several times. Features a profile on Syd Shores and his creation the Blonde Phantom. It also includes profiles on Mike Sekowsky, Basil Wolverton, Al Jaffee and Martin Goodman. One of the gems of this book is a detailed description of how Captain America was created. 100 pages, B&W, card-stock paper, 5.5-in. x 8.5-in.

This is a unique bit of comics history that you don't see that often. Very little sales data but crappy copies often sell for $200-$400. I've got this priced to sell. Great candidate for Stan Lee sig series.

dbf0e147.jpg

e9e26669.jpg

4c0c8b96.jpg

04da4dcf.jpg

(worship)

I love it. I have never even seen this up for sale. Good luck with your sales

Description:

dbf0e147.jpg

e9e26669.jpg

4c0c8b96.jpg

04da4dcf.jpg

(worship)

This is a great read too!

:cloud9:

Description:

dbf0e147.jpg

e9e26669.jpg

4c0c8b96.jpg

04da4dcf.jpg

(worship)

The weird thing is that the address (15 East 94th street) is a residential building and currently a Ramakrishna center hm

Description:

dbf0e147.jpg

e9e26669.jpg

4c0c8b96.jpg

04da4dcf.jpg

(worship)

The weird thing is that the address (15 East 94th street) is a residential building and currently a Ramakrishna center hm

What better place to drink the Stan Lee kool-aid!! lol