• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #1 SPOILER THREAD

58 posts in this topic

Okay, now that the surface mystery is out of the way... what the heck event were they alluding to at the end? And what was with all that subterfuge?

How about the thing in the box?

I really dug the book- just a crazy set-up.

looked like the old green and purple Luthor suit from the 80s.

What I wanna know is who is Dr. Light and why didn't anyone want to believe it was him?

Too early to call yet. I dug the set-up as well. Nice tension built. I like the narration by the different characters. Can't wait until Bats shows up and takes on a bigger role.

I'm w/ Newt on this one. The item in the box looks like Luthor's old costume.

Looking forward to #2. Is it going to be the same size? Or was the first issues size just a tease? Anybody?

I didn't read the book yet, but how can it be Luthors old suit? He never wore it post Crisis / Byrne reboot.

Actually, the green and purple suit of armor has shown up a few times Post-Crisis, the earliest appearance is in the Bizarro issue of the Man of Steel mini-series (#5), where Superman arrives at Luthor's office holding onto a LexCorp flunky Luthor dispatched to confront Superman wearing the familiar suit of armor (plus helmet).

It showed up again just a few months back in Superman/Batman 5 and 6, where Luthor himself wears the green and purple armor to confront Superman.

I loved Identity Crisis #1. To me, this book was the best read in years (especially for straightforward super hero concepts), and has solidified DC at the top of the comic book heap right now. This was better than any Ultimate effort from Marvel and certainly better than Secret War.

Brad Meltzer proves why he's a very good writer, and the art by Rags was just spectacular. I could take or leave Turner doing the covers, but they were nice nonetheless.

I think the characterization of the DC heroes, their roles in what they do and how they would react in that situation, was just dead on. DC didn't go and try and reinvent the wheel either -- they simply got somebody to craft a bold new story. I'm certainly looking forward to #2.

Okay, now that the surface mystery is out of the way... what the heck event were they alluding to at the end? And what was with all that subterfuge?

I really dug the book- just a crazy set-up.

I can't believe they killed ___! frown.gif

As a Superman fan, one thing that struck me is this must be before the Superman reboot. Now, Superman's parents are not so old and match up with the TV show. Here, they are old. Of course, this was probably written well before the new teams had their input into Superman.

I think you could get most of it. I did not know much about Ralph and Sue, but their relationship cam through in spades. If you have a basic understanding of the characters, you will follow the story. It is reader friendly without going through background exposition. As far as the secret of the JLA members, longtime readers are in just as much dark as anyone else.

I read the issue last night and really liked it. Although it seems a little convenient to have a history that's never been shown before.

I like the idea of the calculator guy playing Oracle for the villains. The thing in the box does look like the Luthor suit as mentioned above, although that may or may not be important to the story.

I did like the whole emergency contact procedures they mentioned as well as the crime scene unit they use. Extremely well thought out.

Look forward to reading more, I wonder if they plan on killing more characters. As the mastermind cannot possibly be Dr. Light.

What I wanna know is who is Dr. Light and why didn't anyone want to believe it was him?

Who is Dr Light ??,....WHO IS DR. LIGHT !!!???!!!...he's one of the JLA's oldest most dangerous villians!!!,....SHEESH!!!,.....is anyone going over the suggested reading material on page two of the syllabus???.....that's like asking who Dr. Doom is in the Fantastic Four,....research people , RESEARCH!!!,....everyone go out today and read Justice League of America #12 and The Atom #8 to prepare for class tomorrow,....who's Dr. Light,...sometimes I wonder why I bother to show up for class somedays.....

light.jpg

atom.jpg

Just curious... why are your scans on banned user jonnydouble's home page? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...because that's what my E-bay name used to be,...and when I joined the forum here I realized that name was already taken and was a banned user....so I had to choose another name ,...I have since changed my E-bay name so there is no confusion.....so you can just call me Rocketeer...or if you prefer you can call me what your mom does,....Big Daddy Stud-Man.....

Just curious... why are your scans on banned user jonnydouble's home page? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...because that's what my E-bay name used to be,...and when I joined the forum here I realized that name was already taken and was a banned user....so I had to choose another name ,...I have since changed my E-bay name so there is no confusion.....so you can just call me Rocketeer...or if you prefer you can call me what your mom does,....Big Daddy Stud-Man.....

Weird, you joined 2 days after jonnydouble was banned..... and by the way, my mother died just this past year. I wonder if Dena knows the guy who called her a "dumb c**t is still around??

Weird, you joined 2 days after jonnydouble was banned..... and by the way, my mother died just this past year. I wonder if Dena knows the guy who called her a "dumb c**t is still around??

Again with the Spanish Inquisition Tom. Arch can we please change Tom's title to "Spanish Inquisitor". Let's just go back to making fun of MK, it's provides so much more laughs.

Here I'll start. MajorDoofus is a loser. Okay Tom your turn, try it it's fun.

Just busting his balls. What are you, his body guard?!? I wonder if I checked his Ebay purchases if I would find any cgc graded Wonder Womans??? I think jonnydouble loved to collect those. Have you bought any of those lately, jonnyrocket? And Arch, while you are changing my title to "Spanish Inquisitor" maybe you could look into getting rid of these previously banned users.