• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 48-84, break out issues?

109 posts in this topic

Was it really that hard to be kind to someone ... come on guys. That is why people don't like to participate in the modern board. Thank you WDMarvelComics for being a good steward of the modern board. As a fellow board member I appreciate your kindness. For the rest of you, seriously - quit being bullies. It's not cool to pick on easy targets.

Get a life

Maybe the question has been asked 100 times. It was a lazy question.

Regular modern boardies are tired of the fly by nights who come along for a quick answer to make a few bucks.

Moderns is the most volatile age and those with the answers spend the time to get them.

You should be able to relate. We'll all call your secretary when the next hot book comes along. No worries, we'll charge cover and spend our own money on shipping.

:facepalm:

Was it really that hard to be kind to someone ... come on guys. That is why people don't like to participate in the modern board. Thank you WDMarvelComics for being a good steward of the modern board. As a fellow board member I appreciate your kindness. For the rest of you, seriously - quit being bullies. It's not cool to pick on easy targets.

(thumbs u I'm always here to help when I can.

Keep peddling PayPal personal. That should help. (thumbs u

Some of you should really should talk to someone about your anger. It is not healthy. I don't even follow some of your angry comments, but the tone is just plain unhealthy. If you didn't feel like responding to the question than don't. There is no reason to pick on the person. Apparently he collects other books and participates in other parts of the Board. Wonder why? No one likes bullies. Isn't it almost anti-bullying day. Pay attention. You could learn something. I bet you weren't always treated nice when you were younger. It doesn't make it right that you retreat to a small subculture of people where you can be the aggresor. Relax. Life's good. Treat people with respect. When you see others not being respectful, have the courage to say something about it. I'm sure you wouldn't tolerate a racial slur. Be brave and don't tolerate things that are wrong but not as easy to spot - like picking on new people. At the end of the day those ideas are much more similar than you would think.

#48 Death of Lorri, Judy, The Governor, + Many Others

#49-50 Little Carl Protects and takes care of Rick

#53 1st Appearance of Abraham, Eugene, and Rosie

#61 Ben Kills Billy and Little Carl Kills Ben + 1st Appearance of Father Gabrial

#63 Flip-Book with Complete CHEW #1 in Black & White

#83 Little Carl Gets Shot in the Face + Death of Douglas Monroe + Many Others

#86 Michonne Cover

#70 first app of the people from Alexandria Safe-Zone

And it all depends on what you mean by break out...#86 has a nice cover but not the story that these other issues have

I personally like issue #59 :cloud9:

Some of you should really should talk to someone about your anger. It is not healthy. I don't even follow some of your angry comments, but the tone is just plain unhealthy. If you didn't feel like responding to the question than don't. There is no reason to pick on the person. Apparently he collects other books and participates in other parts of the Board. Wonder why? No one likes bullies. Isn't it almost anti-bullying day. Pay attention. You could learn something. I bet you weren't always treated nice when you were younger. It doesn't make it right that you retreat to a small subculture of people where you can be the aggresor. Relax. Life's good. Treat people with respect. When you see others not being respectful, have the courage to say something about it. I'm sure you wouldn't tolerate a racial slur. Be brave and don't tolerate things that are wrong but not as easy to spot - like picking on new people. At the end of the day those ideas are much more similar than you would think.

:popcorn:

I never stop doing that. In fact a majority of responses to your posts fit this category.

I initially responded to his question with a straight answer and then deleted it. It was something easily searched or simply read the title.

And tell you what, you treat people with some respect on here and teach me something. I look forward to your attempts.

I never stop doing that. In fact a majority of responses to your posts fit this category.

I initially responded to his question with a straight answer and then deleted it. It was something easily searched or simply read the title.

And tell you what, you treat people with some respect on here and teach me something. I look forward to your attempts.

Hey Jeff.

I know you've spent years being a fan of and reading and collecting various series. I don't want to take the time to actually read the books and/or think about the story lines long enough to figure out the key issues. I don't even want to google it. I want it handed to me.

So, although I know you've spent years reading and buying and selling and learning about the title I'd like to swoop in with as little effort as possible and take your knowledge and experience.

Is that ok?

If you don't do it willingly I certainly hope someone accuses you of a hate crime or something equally absurdly disconnected from my request. :wishluck:

I'll hang up and wait for my answer. :popcorn:

I'm not saying he committed a hate crime or anything else about your bff. I am saying that it is preferable to not be rude when people make requests for info that you don't feel like answering. It doesn't take any effort at all to be kind or to say nothing at all. Again, I am shocked by the amount of time and effort that board members will waste to defend their right to be rude to others on the board. Being snarky or mean spirited doesn't do anything to encourage new comers, increase readership or improve public perception. To the contrary, it cements the notion that you guys are sitting in your parent's basement in a paid of soiled sweatpants getting ready to watch Deep Space Nine on blueray.

And the question wasn't what's in McDonald's Secret Sauce it was more like which comics are key b/c I want to buy some Walking Dead keys. I'd hate to see how a retailer would do who responded to such questions with " off inferior being" ... I can't believe how self rightous ou guys are in support of your desire and/or right to be vicious.

To the contrary, it cements the notion that you guys are sitting in your parent's basement in a paid of soiled sweatpants getting ready to watch Deep Space Nine on blueray.

Dude, you need to get off this. It's been your go-to analogy/metaphor/argument/whathaveyou every time someone gets your dander up. Essentially, calling people nerds with no life who just sit around on the Internet with nothing better to do. Dude, you realize you've posted 55 times just in the last 24 hours, right? Perhaps you need to step away from the keyboard a bit yourself.

In regards to the OP's question, it was lazy at best. There is no shortage of threads to ask the question in and to not take the time to do the tiniest bit of searching (just to find a relevant thread in which to ask the question) just smacks of not really giving a .

I'm not saying he committed a hate crime or anything else about your bff. I am saying that it is preferable to not be rude when people make requests for info that you don't feel like answering. It doesn't take any effort at all to be kind or to say nothing at all. Again, I am shocked by the amount of time and effort that board members will waste to defend their right to be rude to others on the board. Being snarky or mean spirited doesn't do anything to encourage new comers, increase readership or improve public perception. To the contrary, it cements the notion that you guys are sitting in your parent's basement in a paid of soiled sweatpants getting ready to watch Deep Space Nine on blueray.

Nico, you are new here. Maybe you haven't been around for the dozens of "hot books" over the years that have generated people waltzing in, expecting to expend no personal effort and still gain the benefit of the knowledge and experience of people who are actual fans of the title and have taken the time to learn and know the trends and story lines.

This isn't a shot at the OP specifically, but all folks who pose a question that sounds a lot like, "I don't want to look this up for myself, give it to me so I can make some cash."

You have no idea how many times people come on this board and seek to reap the benefits of what's taken other people years of following a title to learn.

It's just like the guys that want free GPA information from people they don't know well enough to PM but still expect someone paying $130 a year for the service to hand them over free of charge and with barely a thank you.

The time for silence on stuff like this is long since past. There was a thread a few months back that did the exact same thing.

Before you launch into another wall of text you may want to stop contradicting yourself from the outset as well.

Here you lecture about how to be nice to others...and what not to do:

Being snarky or mean spirited

Here you lay on the snark:

about your bff.

you guys are sitting in your parent's basement in a paid of soiled sweatpants getting ready to watch Deep Space Nine on blueray.

Physician. HEAL THYSELF!!!

My point is that being nice if just ignoring questions you don't want to answer encourages new Board members or members of those who frequent other portions of the board to join the discussion in the modern section. To the extent that we blast every newcomer who asks an inconvenient question we do a disservice to the industry we all care so deeply about. Moreover, the snarky comments edifying the nasty stereotypes. I don't want people to stereotype the board members and hoped that was sufficient motivation to be kind. Apparently being nice for the sake of being nice isn't enough. A lot of people are baffled by computers and can't wrap their heads around the idea of doing simple searches. Again, I don't know why being nice is so controversial. I also hoped, perhaps naively, that a little robbing of those so zelously defending their right to be snarky would help them understand and who knows if that worked or not. Now you can tell me that I haven't endured the constant requests for info, but at the end of the day - what are the key issues is not that bad a question. My goodness it is certainly preferable to the comments that rationalize being mean to people who ask such questions. Why not just ignore the questions you don't feel like answering instead of being mean?

My point is that being nice if just ignoring questions you don't want to answer encourages new Board members or members of those who frequent other portions of the board to join the discussion in the modern section. To the extent that we blast every newcomer who asks an inconvenient question we do a disservice to the industry we all care so deeply about. Moreover, the snarky comments edifying the nasty stereotypes. I don't want people to stereotype the board members and hoped that was sufficient motivation to be kind. Apparently being nice for the sake of being nice isn't enough. A lot of people are baffled by computers and can't wrap their heads around the idea of doing simple searches. Again, I don't know why being nice is so controversial. I also hoped, perhaps naively, that a little robbing of those so zelously defending their right to be snarky would help them understand and who knows if that worked or not. Now you can tell me that I haven't endured the constant requests for info, but at the end of the day - what are the key issues is not that bad a question. My goodness it is certainly preferable to the comments that rationalize being mean to people who ask such questions. Why not just ignore the questions you don't feel like answering instead of being mean?

Ignoring the question NEVER corrects the behavior. It reinforces the behavior, because the only people answering will be enabling the behavior and thus giving the impression that it is acceptable to everyone.

If someone asks for an opinion they are going to get, inevitably, more than they asked for. That's the nature of the boards. Perhaps people who post questions like this have no idea how it comes off to other people. Perhaps if someone informs them of how it looks, as has been done in this thread, they will realize that what they think is an innocent question can be seen as an attempt to appropriate something in the laziest way possible.

I never learned anything from what someone DIDN'T say.