• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 48-84, break out issues?

109 posts in this topic

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I actually have something in the works that would totally avoid this thread. I'll try and finish ti and post it later today.

Jerome

I have a great link.....

Walking Dead Key Issues

It's everything everyone would ever want to know.

I'm not asking you to ignore a racial epithet or a call for violence. I'm merely asking you to ignore a question abbout what are the key issues of a series. If I sold comics for a living, I would want people to be informed. I know that the repetitive questions bother a number of you guys. My point isn't that you need to answer the same question 50 different times, but rather that it is advantageous to be nice to those making the inquiry because they are most certainly new to the industry or at least new to the series. I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I would like to make one last plea for the rule to be this: what kind of answer does the most to promote the industry, encourage readership & participation in the forum that is reasonable under the circumstances. I think we can all agree that is the best rule for us to follow because the health of the industry is what is most important to all of us.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I actually have something in the works that would totally avoid this thread. I'll try and finish ti and post it later today.

Jerome

I have a great link.....

Walking Dead Key Issues

It's everything everyone would ever want to know.

:roflmao:

That first link...has every issue. If you click on an issue it gives you a full synopsis and first appearances, deaths, births, etc. It hands it all over with just a little time taken to read.

It's a wonderful resource.

Getting back to the question asked:

I personally think the following issues are key to the 2nd 48 of TWD

#53 Abraham, Rosita, etc.

#58 Duane & Morgan Return

#61 Billy Ben Death, Father Gabriel, Chew

#69 Alexandria

#75 1st Color Spoof

#92 Jesus

Don't forget:

#100: Rick gets his weiner chopped off by a comely zombie.

DOH doh! I spoiled it! Sorry for all y'all who haven't read it yet...

:banana:

(look needs to find a 78 79 and 94 he can afford so he can read up to current. Maybe I should just DL em)

I'm not asking you to ignore a racial epithet or a call for violence. I'm merely asking you to ignore a question abbout what are the key issues of a series. If I sold comics for a living, I would want people to be informed. I know that the repetitive questions bother a number of you guys. My point isn't that you need to answer the same question 50 different times, but rather that it is advantageous to be nice to those making the inquiry because they are most certainly new to the industry or at least new to the series. I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I would like to make one last plea for the rule to be this: what kind of answer does the most to promote the industry, encourage readership & participation in the forum that is reasonable under the circumstances. I think we can all agree that is the best rule for us to follow because the health of the industry is what is most important to all of us.

What was the point of the OPs question in your opinion? What do you think his endgame was?

I didn't think 83 was really a break out issue (other than for content), when i was looking these things up it was one of the issues that was going for the least (and, of course, I had like 5 copies of it) on ebay, like $4-$5.

"It's just like the guys that want free GPA information from people they don't know well enough to PM but still expect someone paying $130 a year for the service to hand them over free of charge and with barely a thank you."

Speaking of which, what is the GPA info for a VF Hulk 2?

I feel like I've imparted enough wisdom over the years to get one free quote.

Ah hell who made Mr. Esq in charge of the Nice Police? I am curious with him commenting over and over about us all living in mommy's basement at what age did he move out of his or is he practicing law currently from her basement?

It really is funny that he wants to slam everyone then tell us to be nice to others. Also funny since the majority of those in this thread know each other in real life and know most of us our married and or have children.

"It's just like the guys that want free GPA information from people they don't know well enough to PM but still expect someone paying $130 a year for the service to hand them over free of charge and with barely a thank you."

Speaking of which, what is the GPA info for a VF Hulk 2?

I feel like I've imparted enough wisdom over the years to get one free quote.

You also know enough of us to PM when you need a quote. lol

I'm not saying he committed a hate crime or anything else about your bff. I am saying that it is preferable to not be rude when people make requests for info that you don't feel like answering. It doesn't take any effort at all to be kind or to say nothing at all. Again, I am shocked by the amount of time and effort that board members will waste to defend their right to be rude to others on the board. Being snarky or mean spirited doesn't do anything to encourage new comers, increase readership or improve public perception. To the contrary, it cements the notion that you guys are sitting in your parent's basement in a paid of soiled sweatpants getting ready to watch Deep Space Nine on blueray.

You misspelled Blu-Ray.

Also, I am not sure what you do for a living, but how would you react to someone asking the easiest way to cut into your business.

It is not asking for the recipe for the sauce it is asking for your business plan.

This thread is so confusing. Is the answer to the OP's original question to have a debate on being nice to fellow boardies? (shrug)

Btw, I don't think 49-50 are break-out issues. Carl taking care of Rick is not something that people are going to get all hot and bothered over. Outside of the first 10 issues or so, the big money keys seem to be either 1st appearances or deaths. Maybe the initial Governor storyarc as well? But those are issues well before 48.

What was the point of the OPs question in your opinion? What do you think his endgame was?

I'm no mind reader, but I imagine the OP wanted to know what the key issues were so he could buy them or read them ... I didn't imagine that it was a situation where the OP wanted to stockpile books for later resale or for slab-n'-sale. I think you should ask him or her.

Ah hell who made Mr. Esq in charge of the Nice Police? I am curious with him commenting over and over about us all living in mommy's basement at what age did he move out of his or is he practicing law currently from her basement?

It really is funny that he wants to slam everyone then tell us to be nice to others. Also funny since the majority of those in this thread know each other in real life and know most of us our married and or have children.

You're trying to beat up a straw man. As I've said repeatedly, the snarky comments and attitudes support the stereotypes like Groening's Comic Book Man. I'm not tryin to rag on where any of you fellows reside. The fact that you and your friends are close only supports the idea that you should treat newcomers and outsiders better than you do. Similarly, the outrage over the idea that you should treat others with respect is at best disturbing.

You're trying to beat up a straw man. As I've said repeatedly, the snarky comments and attitudes support the stereotypes like Groening's Comic Book Man. I'm not tryin to rag on where any of you fellows reside. The fact that you and your friends are close only supports the idea that you should treat newcomers and outsiders better than you do. Similarly, the outrage over the idea that you should treat others with respect is at best disturbing.

:facepalm:

If you could just get over yourself and shut the he!! up for awhile, that would be divine.

I do think it's rather ironic, though, that in one sentence you tell use to treat each other better, and in the next you make some thinly-veiled jab about "comic book collectors" as a whole. Maybe you should just find another board to troll.