• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why can't Warner Bros make a good superhero movie.....

79 posts in this topic

Besides Batman & Superman? (shrug)

Marvel has them beat big time,and the reviews for The Avengers doesn't help WB at all.

Johan Hex

Catwoman

Green Lantern :(

Steel

Swamp Thing.

All have either sucked or a major disappointment :(

Not letting Whedon direct the Wonder Woman movie hurt them big time :facepalm:

Yeah,Marvel does have some crappy movies.

But ones from Marvel Studios are awesome movies.

So,Why can't they make a good superhero movie?

I watched the last 30 minutes of Hex the other day because it was on HBO. I've never watched it before.

I don't understand how it could be that bad without honestly TRYING to make it bad.

I've seen turds in my life, but that was one of the biggest ones I've ever witnessed. :facepalm:

I watched the last 30 minutes of Hex the other day because it was on HBO. I've never watched it before.

I don't understand how it could be that bad without honestly TRYING to make it bad.

I've seen turds in my life, but that was one of the biggest ones I've ever witnessed. :facepalm:

:sick:

Ummmm... The Flash was great Warner Bros produced TV show.

... and A History of Violence (New Line Cinema-Warner Bros. branch) was great! I was on the fence with V for Vendatta myself. Thought the Watchmen and Constantine was OK. My 2c

...because the WB suits can't get out of their own damn way.

Let a person very passionate about the source material have FREE REIGN to do the film.

Or, when in doubt...Dini and Timm. Period.

Peace,

Chip

Marvel is the House of Ideas.

DC is home to Streaky the Supercat, Comet the Superhorse, and Beppo the Supermonkey.

Case closed.

I wonder what they were smoking in those days.

Remember New Line Cinema (a Warner Bros. brand) produced Blade in '98, which kicked off the Marvel of Marvel movies to come. Show some respect Marvelfangirl. (tsk)
:whatev:

Actually New Line Cinema merged with WB in 2008,so that doesn't count

:foryou:

Superman kinda sucked also, fell asleep watching it. I liked Watchmen though.

Maybe too much involvement by the suits.

They gonna have a panic attack after this last Batman movie.

Supermen Returns was zzz

I liked Watchmen a lot.

Guest Grails
Ummmm... The Flash was great Warner Bros produced TV show.

... and A History of Violence (New Line Cinema-Warner Bros. branch) was great! I was on the fence with V for Vendatta myself. Thought the Watchmen and Constantine was OK. My 2

Agreed on all. And WB still holds the title for the greatest comic book movie of all time. The original Superman. I believe WB also put out 300 with Legendary. Having the Dark Knight franchise doesn't hurt. I can name a longer list of Marvel stinkers.

Remember New Line Cinema (a Warner Bros. brand) produced Blade in '98, which kicked off the Marvel of Marvel movies to come. Show some respect Marvelfangirl. (tsk)
:whatev:

Actually New Line Cinema merged with WB in 2008,so that doesn't count

Keep reading. doh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Line_Cinema

It was with it's parent company (Time Warner) before the Warner merger.

It merged with Warner Bros. in 2008.