• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why can't Warner Bros make a good superhero movie.....

79 posts in this topic

DC sucks monkey balls.

+1

Besides Superman and Batman, DC has never appealed to me

+2

It ain't rocket science. Marvel rules and DC blows big huge donkey balls (thumbs u

:baiting:

lol

Did we forget these gems by Marvel?

Daredevil

Electra

Ghost Rider 1&2

Fantastic Four 1&2

Thats not to say they were enjoyable, but really it comes down to the person. Comic book movies in general are hit or miss. The Phantom, The Spirit...not great adaptations by any means (and not made by the big two either).

Road to Perdition was a DC published title but it wasn't a WB picture.

DC seems to do better with the serious movies rather than the straight superhero ones.

Everyone is still gaga dreamy eyed about TDK but no one has mentioned any of the pre-Nolan Batman films.

i dont think burton bat films stand the test of time. i tried to watch it recently but couldnt. what i once loved as a kid, now looks cheap.

for me, dark knight is still the best comic film ever, followed by iron man, v for vendetta and 300. lets face it, when they make a comic movie, regardless of company, there is probably at 60 percent chance it will suck

DC sucks monkey balls.

+1

Besides Superman and Batman, DC has never appealed to me

I will add Flash and Wonder Woman to the list as an appealing hero,but besides Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman and Flash we will find that DC really doesn`t have many interesting non-Vertigo characters. If Green Lantern failed imagine Warner trying to raise money from stockholders to get a Hourman or Hawkman movie made?

I actually didn't mind Green Lantern

Here are my ramblings....

+1, I saw it on Blu-Ray and didn't understand why it was panned the way it was. Ok, I'm not a GL fan-boy and this film was far from great, but its not as bad as some people made out. I tend to like films no one else did and dislike films the majority do like (some of the time).

I'm not a fan of Spider-Man 1, to me thats an average film, number 2 was much better. Same goes for X-Men 1, I could go my whole life and not bother seeing that film again, but #2 I liked alot better. Less said about #3 on both franchises.

Wolverine Origins, why does that get panned? Ok, again, not a Wolverine afficianado but it was not a BAD film, it was average.

I believe Batman Begins & The Dark Knight are definitive comic book movies, oh wait I'm a Batman fan! I will always feel Batman Begins far outweighs the original Tim Burton version, I know some people will argue but thats cool. Its Batman that got me into, well Batman, but as a movie it always lacked pacing, you could cut a large chunk out of it and come up with a better movie.

But the 1st Superman is a really good movie, the 1st Blade is a really good movie, X-Men 2, Spider-man 2, Iron Man... all awesome movies.

Overrated movies (but then maybe its fanboys who push them): X-Men 1 & Spider-Man 1

Punisher 1, I liked this movie only because I felt Jane nailed the character and I like silly action movies. Being someone who has studied martial arts in the past I'm always fascinated to see fight scenes, the one between Jane & The Russian was just brutal.

Now films that sucked? That would be Ghost Rider, I really cannot think of a worse Marvel movie (discounting the old 80s carp anyway).

Daredevil directors cut is less then average, but it doesn't suck.

Jonah Hex was bad simply because it felt like half the movie was missing.

Iron Man 2... what was the point, I felt cheated. Rushed ending, barely any fighting between Iron Man and Rourkes character.

Ang Lee's Hulk had its moment but again the pacing was attrocious, Nortons Hulk, ahhh still not a fan, average movie.

I'm yet to see Captain America, X-Men First Class, The Avengers and I'm looking forward to them all.

I'm blown away that someone has the Punisher movie on a "Good or Great" list. :roflmao:

Punisher: War Zone rules, baby.

Marvel superheroes have a great motivation behind their origins, generally, which lends itself to making more interesting movies.

Green Lantern - Found a ring. Superman - Born that way. Flash... uh, whatever.

The one that works for DC, Batman - HAD HIS PARENTS KILLED BY CRIMINALS.

That works.

Marvel is the House of Ideas.

DC is home to Streaky the Supercat, Comet the Superhorse, and Beppo the Supermonkey.

Case closed.

Marvel was also the home of Paste Pot Pete, The Dazzler, Herbie The Robot, and Gwen Stacy clones. :sumo:

Leave Dazzler alone - just because you hate disco.

Marvel is the House of Ideas.

DC is home to Streaky the Supercat, Comet the Superhorse, and Beppo the Supermonkey.

Case closed.

Marvel was also the home of Paste Pot Pete, The Dazzler, Herbie The Robot, and Gwen Stacy clones. :sumo:

Leave Dazzler alone - just because you hate disco.

It pains me to use such parlance, but Logic Fail!!!

After much deep thought

:idea:

I remember that I did like SwampThing

4790454445_080dbcc98d.jpg

and he be perfect for a reboot!

The question is do they do the Alan Moore version

or

the Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson version?

Why not both?

The Wein & Wrightson in the first film and Moore for the sequel?