• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Treasury Comics

12 posts in this topic

If CGC would ever grade these; prices in the NM range would rise exponentially. That is, if they would ever grade them. I passed on some Star Wars Treasury issues just a few weeks ago. I still could have sold them for a profit; but I am trying to avoid the low profit items...

I can tell you that Treasuries attract a lot of attention to even non-comic collecting enthusiasts. A lot of antique dealers overpay for these items thinking they are 'rare and valuable' due to their size.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

In all seriousness, I love treasuries. Thankfully CGC skips over them so most grading note freaks and sweat hog flippers thumb their noses at them. I started a thread about them a few years back and posted some scans of a few from my collection.

I myself am a huge fan of the treasuries. I love their size just for the fact that they make the art viewing that much better in the comic reading experience.

I'll offer one of MY keys treasuries. I've been looking for a nice copy of this book for some time and even sadly passed up on a few, but my patience paid off because I finally found this copy and at an incredible price too. Its probably the nicest copy I've seen of this book. The picture does NOT do it justice. Well, here it is; 2001: A Space Oddysey

IMG_20120401_161720.jpg

The artwork in this book is just absolutely beautiful, Kirby at his finest. Any treasury fan that does not own this book must go out and find a copy.

I loved them back in the day. Got almost all the Batman ones now with the exception of one (LCE C44). Regardless of whether they're DC or Marvel, they're all really tough to find in decent condition.

This is my favorite and one that happens to be in the best condition I've ever seen for this format.

batman_c25.jpg

In all seriousness, I love treasuries. Thankfully CGC skips over them so most grading note freaks and sweat hog flippers thumb their noses at them. I started a thread about them a few years back and posted some scans of a few from my collection.

I am expecting a few in a day or two, and I will post them in your excellent thread comicwiz, well worth the bump.